Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed strip setup and weak hand reload.

Dude you run fast drills with your revolver? If so thats hard core. Now I'm going to have to try it. I am sure that it will be very, very humbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    David Armstrong, I am definitely not trying to reinvent the wheel, just trying to find out what works best for me. I am not really a huge fan of the 5 inline or 6 inline because I don't feel that I have the same manipulation control at speed. I have some nerve damage and prefer to have a better grasp on the speed strip vs the scalpel method I have seen used.
    With all due respect, yes, that is what you are trying to do, IMO. As mentioned by others, there has already been a lot of research on this topic that is out there, such as the de Bethencourt stuff. I'm not saying that is the only way to do it, particualry as you say you have some nerve damage, but what I am saying is that instead of trying to come up with something new on your own it might be worthwhile to look at what others have found out over the years and go from there as a starting point. Might save you some time as you try to find out what works for you. I went through it myself when my wrists started losing flexibility, and after a couple of months trying to figure out something on my own I ran across an article by Ayoob that offered a different take on the revolver reload that ended up serving as the foundation for what eventually worked for me. YMMV.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

User Tag List