Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine extensions for 45ACP/10mm Glocks?

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up one of these whether I get extensions or not. Seems like a good deal at $25. Lone Wolf website is down at the moment or I'd post a direct link.

Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Just use a clamp you probably already have in your garage. Or go to Home Depot and buy one that will just fit a magazine. It compresses the sides and the baseplate comes off easily.

Arredondo extensions are your best bet if you want a reliable higher cap mag. I ran them on my 21s when I was shooting them in IDPA/USPSA. Definitely need a mag loader to get those last couple of rounds in.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Arredondo extensions are your best bet if you want a reliable higher cap mag. I ran them on my 21s when I was shooting them in IDPA/USPSA. Definitely need a mag loader to get those last couple of rounds in.
    Thanks, Caleb. Perhaps I'll pick up one Arredondo +4 to start instead of a handful of questionable +2's, and accumulate more over time. Being disciplined about the shooting toys budget is necessary but not fun.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Just use a clamp you probably already have in your garage. Or go to Home Depot and buy one that will just fit a magazine. It compresses the sides and the baseplate comes off easily.

Nice idea. I've been using a c-clamp mounted in a vise, which is a bit slow. That looks faster and easier. (My original idea was det cord, but that seemed perhaps excessive).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Nice idea. I've been using a c-clamp mounted in a vise, which is a bit slow. That looks faster and easier. (My original idea was det cord, but that seemed perhaps excessive).
    There's also the GTUL, which is reasonably inexpensive and looks like it would be easier to keep in a pocket in the range bag:

http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/GTULLRGPF11.htm

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    There's also the GTUL, which is reasonably inexpensive and looks like it would be easier to keep in a pocket in the range bag:

http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/GTULLRGPF11.htm
    I've used this for a couple years now,works as advertised.

User Tag List