Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control: Dem Bill Would Outlaw Firearm Brands On Kid’s Clothing And Colorful Guns

Gun Control: Dem Bill Would Outlaw Firearm Brands On Kid’s Clothing And Colorful Guns

Get 'em while they're young!

Hoping this bill doesn't have a chance, but you never know...

More worthless drivel from the "ship of fools." Never mind such unimportant issues as illegal immigration, gestapo tactics employed by the I.R.S., unemployment, runaway deficit spending and national debt, failed foreign policies...ah, but I digress!

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post

If that first kid is shooting a 357Mag as they say, then I'll eat my hat. 22Mag at best.... Otherwise - good stuff.
    "You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" Ogden Nash

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo

Smart thinking for the opposition. If guns can't be marketed or pitched to kids by law, the only thing they'll hear is the viewpoint of the anti's, as delivered by your taxpayer funded public school. By the time they get old enough to be legally able to shoot a gun, they'll be indoctrinated enough to not want to.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Gun Control: Dem Bill Would Outlaw Firearm Brands On Kid’s Clothing And Color...

If this gets any traction I foresee adult sizes shifting suddenly.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Smart thinking for the opposition. If guns can't be marketed or pitched to kids by law, the only thing they'll hear is the viewpoint of the anti's, as delivered by your taxpayer funded public school. By the time they get old enough to be legally able to shoot a gun, they'll be indoctrinated enough to not want to.
    Because it worked with cigarettes? I'm not saying we don't have less smoking in movies, etc, but I don't think any kid is really going to NOT enjoy gun culture because you can't have gun t-shirts. Plus, a smart kid will design gun shirts using fingers, peace signs, fruit and vegetables and then what will they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If this gets any traction I foresee adult sizes shifting suddenly.
    Agreed.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Gardone: It's only smart thinking if they are quasi-totalitarians who believe neither in the freedom of speech, or the freedom of thought. Of course, there is a lot of evidence suggesting that many anti-gun types are quasi-totalitarians, which is yet another reason to oppose them.

In the end, I think all our other freedoms depend on the right to keep and bear arms.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post

Because introducing bills that infringe on just one constitutional right at a time is too time consuming . . .

This is something I could see non-gun organizations fighting even.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Because it worked with cigarettes? I'm not saying we don't have less smoking in movies, etc, but I don't think any kid is really going to NOT enjoy gun culture because you can't have gun t-shirts. Plus, a smart kid will design gun shirts using fingers, peace signs, fruit and vegetables and then what will they do?

Agreed.
    It's a cultural thing. When I grew up in Chicago I was never exposed to firearms in person .Or in media, or even from my family. That's the point : people are not going to defend a right they don't know they have.

Someone who's already taught the Way of The Gun won't care, but it matters in places where the prevailing culture is anti.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List