Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington Scrubs All Traces of R51 from Websites

Here's a fun game. Open TTAG in one browser tab, and Google Image Search in another. Do a reverse image search on the images TTAG is using for their posts, and see where they stole each one from.
    Last edited by Stephen; 07-17-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Here's a fun game. Open TTAG in one browser tab, and Google Image Search in another. Do a reverse image search on the images TTAG is using for their posts, and see where they stole each one from.
    That blog is like Facebook for gun Cleetii.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

back on topic:
    So who thinks that if Remington really DOES pull the plug on the R51, that the remainders that are out in circulation will go up in value? Or will Remington pull a Caracal.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    back on topic:
    So who thinks that if Remington really DOES pull the plug on the R51, that the remainders that are out in circulation will go up in value? Or will Remington pull a Caracal.
    There are plenty of ill-starred short-lifespan pistols with no real collector value (S&W SW9M or Vector CP1) but then again, Colt AA2000s are bringing collector money these days. It's hard to predict.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    LOL, no they didn't. The R51 has its own page Looks like Nick saw a piece by "gunssavelives.com" that was apparently ripped from indianagunowners.com or some other forum and ran with it without, you know, doing at least a little Google work.

EDIT: Which is not to say that the R51 launch hasn't been a PR disaster for Cerber... Freedo... Remington Group. The gun is likely destined to be a future collectible
    In the article, he mentions that basically the only mention of the R51 is on the page you linked. If you click "Products" and then "Handguns" the only items listed are 1911s. I'm not defending TTAG here, but they do have a point about it not being easy to find on the Remington website. It sure seems as though TPTB at Remington are hoping we all forget about the R51. If that isn't the goal, they should probably fire the guy in charge of the website.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    In the article, he mentions that basically the only mention of the R51 is on the page you linked. If you click "Products" and then "Handguns" the only items listed are 1911s.
    Was the R51 listed there before?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two
    If that isn't the goal, they should probably fire the guy in charge of the website.
    That could be said about a statistical majority of firearms manufacturers.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Was the R51 listed there before?

That could be said about a statistical majority of firearms manufacturers.
    I dont recall it ever being there before but I don't exactly stalk the Remington website.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

TTAG drama aside, I was disappointed the R51 was such a lemon. It looked like a pretty neat little gun, even with the unnecessarily complicated action. Not perfect, certainly. A single stack as large as a G19 wasn't the smartest move, IMHO, but for the price point I might have been persuaded to pick one up for the novelty. Also thought the no snag sights were a idea worth exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    TTAG drama aside, I was disappointed the R51 was such a lemon. It looked like a pretty neat little gun, even with the unnecessarily complicated action. Not perfect, certainly. A single stack as large as a G19 wasn't the smartest move, IMHO, but for the price point I might have been persuaded to pick one up for the novelty. Also thought the no snag sights were a idea worth exploring.
    I wish I could say the same. Yet, if Freedom Group can't make two functional guns for $1000+ retail apiece in the form of a Para USA Black Ops 1911, I deduced they'd be totally unable to accomplish the same feat at $400.Its clear that conclusion wasn't in error, even if my Para purchases were.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/blog...-pistol-update

Looks like a major recall by Remington, that's almost as bad as the Caracal debacle.

User Tag List