first gen Mayflower concealment vest with soft armor and plates and the nipples to attach a chest rig. Not sure if that means I have a "plate carrier" or not. I can conceal the vest without the plates and nipples easily, with the plates but without the nipples slightly less so (it's Florida, we don't wear a lot of puffy clothes), and can use the armor on top of clothing with the nipples and chest rig when desired.

I bought my setup for two reasons.
1) Because at the time I was running drills nights with a bunch of unknown shooters in front of, and behind, me.
2) I had plans to take a shoot-house class where it would be required and I figured I'd be better off buying something and learning to work with it before I got to a class and relied on borrowed gear.

The armor is a lot like my 5.56 suppressor in that had I known when I bought it what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it and see it as a pretty giant waste of money. However, since I already went and wasted the money on it and the resale is so low relative to what I spent I keep it and keep it staged for SHTFantasy.