Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Walsh Takes on NRA, Vows to Continue Piers Morgan's Gun-Control Campaign on CNN

Who is Piers Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    No doubt Walsh chose to hitch himself to the wrong horse. But I think he will be a nice posterboy for the gun-grabber crowd. He's got his semi-LEO cred for one. And then when it comes out that his arguments against the 2A are just as idiotic as the rest of the gun control crew's are, the left will try to shame us by bringing up the tragedy of his son.
    how many times can he kick around that same ole poor me BS!?

^^^n+1

I will say that I have not been through what he's been through. But, Gawdalmighty, if anyone out there should understand that sick ****s who cannot be reasoned with--and who live to inflict pain on others--exist it would be him. Again, I've not walked a mile in his shoes, but I don't get it, and probably never will.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 07-08-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
    Who is Piers Morgan?
    Who is John Walsh?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Ironically, if he uses his Son to justify his points, then we should ask wasn't your son Decapitated so we should ban all sharp objects since they can be used for cutting. Sorry the whole issue of bringing a personnel tragedy into something to force it onto others is disgraceful.

Site Supporter
    Mr. Walsh needs to be careful. If he is stepping into this discussion, using his dead child as some sort of credibility leverage, that same situation becomes fair game for discussion also. It may not be a comfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Joe - here's another :

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...48.html?hp=r17

Scarborough (a conservative) once said he saw no reason why he should have a 30 round clip full of cop killer bullets to take his 5 year old son hunting. Heard him say that.

Another 'guns are for hunting' type.
    control the language of the debate, you control the outcome.

We'd be wise to be aware of that.

Site Supporter
    There is a tendency for victims of some terrible incident to be proclaimed experts on the issue. Their emotions seem to convince the public that their views must be correct. I was once hit by lightning and that doesn't make me a thunder god expert.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There is a tendency for victims of some terrible incident to be proclaimed experts on the issue. Their emotions seem to convince the public that their views must be correct. I was once hit by lightning and that doesn't make me a thunder god expert.
    If I were you I'd totally go around claiming to have been touched by the Thunder God...but that's just me.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Whatever floats your boat, not that there's anything wrong with that!

User Tag List