Thread: Magpul D60

Site Supporter

Magpul D60

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bt6M...ature=youtu.be

The new Magpul D60, sixty round drum - what do y'all think ?

If it's as reliable as their regular magazines I'll be impressed and will probably end up getting one just to have one. From what I hear those 100 round beta c-mags suck unless you baby them.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    The Betamax or would put me off these high caps. I've heard good things about the surefire 60s but apparently they are not quite as reliable as a standard capacity magazine. This will be interesting.

would love if it worked with the IAR. Not that its any of my concern anymore but thirty rounds goes quick in that baby when its on full auto.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    would love if it worked with the IAR. Not that its any of my concern anymore but thirty rounds goes quick in that baby when its on full auto.
    No doubt.

I've always wondered what carrying 60 round drums would be like, though. I can't imagine how encumbered/bulky you'd be.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    No doubt.

I've always wondered what carrying 60 round drums would be like, though. I can't imagine how encumbered/bulky you'd be.
    I would think for having it in the gun for initial contact and a couple of the suckers in a day bag might be a decent solution to a lot of the short comings of the IAR.. Wonderful concept and rifle but anyone who has relied on a SAW in combat before for suppression realizes the short coming of having an auto rifleman with only thirty rounds in the gun. But honestly running any kind of drums on a PC kind of blows.

Honest question, where does a saw gunner carry the extra belts? In bag? Rambo style? Seems like drums could be carried in a bag of belts are carried in a bag...

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

There are pouches, I just dislike them. One major draw back is they most often have to be worn directly on the front flap. This is less than optimal as prone is the saw gunners bread and butter. We usually had our saw gunners running a 100 round soft drum as their source in the gun, and a maybe 200 drum on their pc somewhere. Alot of guys would run loose belts in their dump pouches and just grab it after they blew through that initial 100. We utilized day packs alot for extra ammo and would divvy it up, other units would obviously have different solutions.

User Tag List