Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever met a gun you just cant hit with?

Ever met a gun you just cant hit with?

For me, that gun is a 3rd Gen 4506/4566 Smith. In double action, no matter how slowly or quickly I press the DA trigger the impact will be guaranteed to hit nowhere near the X ring. In single action though, look out. Its frustrating because Ive been able to run every other gun I've shot more or less equally.

Hand me a decocked 4506, and I may as well throw the darn thing at the target. Its depressing for me because I rather like those guns.

What say you all?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I have a friend who had a 3rd gen S&W 45ACP it as the compact model not the full size. But anyway DA or SA he couldn't shoot it accurately ! He traded it in for a Beretta 92F. BTW he shot it a whole lot better.

I had the 5906 and 6906. The 6906 shot tighter groups.

Wish S&W would keep the 5906 in stock. It was the softest shooting 9mm I've shot.

BTW

I bought a Gen1 Ruger P85 that wouldn't group at all !

Yes. A 15,000 dollar custom hand built flintlock. I missed a target at 125 yards. I only had the one shot, though.

Back when we ran personally owned 45XX, most of our guys choose the full size 4506. I had one guy go for the 4516 compact. He had a hard time with that gun meeting standards. To see if it was the gun or the shooter I put some rounds down range. I guess the problem was the shooter since I couldn't miss with the thing DA or SA. Being newly married and poor I couldn't swing picking one up for myself.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Ironically a S&W 669. I liked the form factor. But everything I shot looked like a 15 yard buckshot pattern. Dumped it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

American Derringer model 10, 10oz. 45acp. Like holding a viciously recoiling peanut. 12" pattern at 21'.

Beretta 1201FP loaded with magnum buckshot. My kitten-off friend gave it to me loaded with "birdshot" and after the first shot I was flinching so bad I couldn't hit a man sized target at 3 yards with it. It took two months for my shoulder to not be sore and six months to correct my flinch after that.

Lesson learned...never let someone "load the gun for you".

-Rob

Can't hit anything at all? No.

Can't hit to my personal standard of usefulness?

Yes.

My brother's 442, Walther PPK, a friends Sig P226 that was WAY off, a M series Glock 19, A Rossie .22 LR handgun that shoots 6 in high at 15 yard even with the rear sight bottomed out, a Ruger Single Six that was out of time from the factory and spit lead everywhere, there are probably more.

For me it's Glocks. I can hit with them but not to my personal standard. I can shoot rings around myself with a 3" barrel revolver compared to myself with a Glock. Very frustrating as I can get blue label Glocks.

Seemingly everything, these days. Need to practice more.

User Tag List