Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever met a gun you just cant hit with?

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    I am very far from the capability of a lot of the members here, but for me, it's the Sig P225 and Walther P5. I've since sold the Sig and still have the P5 with serious thought of also selling.

I had read the P225 / P6 was like "pulling Excalibur from the stone". Not for me. Couldn't do better than a 4" group for 5 rounds at 15 yards. Same w/ the P5. I guess I do better w/ double stack 9mm's.
    Did you buy NIB ?

Is this about handguns you cant shoot well or just bad handguns?

Back when I was young and didn't know any better I bought a Lorcin 9mm and groups with that thing looked like a shotgun pattern. I only bought the gun because it was a cheap way to get into centerfire handguns, I didn't keep it very long.

The other gun I never had good luck with was a Remington 522 semi auto .22LR, I couldn't get that thing to get good groups no matter what ammo we tried. I was glad when my wife decided she wanted to sell the gun(it was her's)and buy a 10/22 like I wanted her to in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Compact glocks. I have tried 19s, 23s and 32s. Can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn standing in front of it. Give me a sub compact or full size and I do fine. I also have a hell of a time with LEM HKs when at speed. I have been told if you can shoot a revolver you can shoot a lem, but that isn't the case for me. My 19-3 smith is like a laser beam whereas any LEM I have tried I tend to pull low at speed.
    Same for me; I'm useless with LEM equipped handguns. I'll forever regret converting my P30 & HK45 to LEM, I had to sell them both.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Yes. A 15,000 dollar custom hand built flintlock. I missed a target at 125 yards. I only had the one shot, though.
    You were robbed. I lost all respect for Top Shot after that.

I had a Kahr CM9 that I shot a lot but never shot well at all, so I got rid of it.
    I now carry a J-frame as my BUG (642CT) which I shot tons better right off the bat than I ever shot the Kahr, even when not using the laser grip, and with the 135gr +P ammo.

Site Supporter
    Kel-Tec PF9. When it feels like working it shoots reasonably well... but that gun is Mayor of Stoppage-ville. I can't get hits if it won't go bang.

About fifteen years ago, I scored an early Colt Commander in .38 Super and was all set to carry that thing until the end of time. Took it to the range and it took me three magazines to get it on paper at twenty-five yards. I was bitterly disappointed. The funny part was, I've never had that problem with any other pistol.

Early Colt supers had jacked up headspace. A new barrel will fix it, and produce a remarkably accurate gun.
    Ignore Alien Orders

A 1973 Detective special with a 2" barrel. At 7 yards I couldn't
    even hit paper! I would take six shots and look at the target then
    just look at the gun like WTF! I shot a box of 50 with it and never really
    shot what would be considered a group. The gun was re-blued or something
    I'm not real informed about refurbing old pistols but this gun had a new "finish"
    that is so thick that it filled in half of the Colt logo so the barrel may have been
    messed up.

User Tag List