Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Elite II

Beretta Elite II

Looks like I found one but information is hard to find on this 92 Elite II, i am finally getting rid of my P30 v3 to get this and I was wondering what makes it so wanted? Ever since I got my Vertec 92g, I've been amazed at how well factory civilian/LE models have been compared to the old standby the M9. Granted the ones worked on by the Armorers on the shooting team are real nice but it makes me spoiled when I go qual for my semi annual qual course.

Is there any info that can be gleamed by the community on why these elite pistol are sought after except I think it looks good and I heard it is a great comp gun?

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Looks like I found one but information is hard to find on this 92 Elite II, i am finally getting rid of my P30 v3 to get this and I was wondering what makes it so wanted? Ever since I got my Vertec 92g, I've been amazed at how well factory civilian/LE models have been compared to the old standby the M9. Granted the ones worked on by the Armorers on the shooting team are real nice but it makes me spoiled when I go qual for my semi annual qual course.

Is there any info that can be gleamed by the community on why these elite pistol are sought after except I think it looks good and I heard it is a great comp gun?
    Elite 2s are G model Berettas , which means they have decockers in place of the safety. That feature alone is what makes them so sought after. The rest of the changes are just gravy after that. The reinforced Brigadier slide means it has changeable front and rear sights.Oh, and they're hard to find nowadays.

Just the opinion of a random screenname on the internet, but IMO you're better off getting a brand new 92/96A1 and sending it off to Wilson Combat for a G conversion instead.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I should have never sold my 96 Elite II. It was a smooth, sweet shooter

If you have a 92G Vertec and it works for you, I don't know if Elite II has much advantage. Your Vertec is dovetailed on both ends, sight selection is identical, it is obviously decock only, so here it is a wash. Vertec slide is lighter which is advantageous, and I think that holster options are wider. Elite has very little holster support, really pain in the ass.
    Biggest principle difference is trigger reach. As I've been shooting the Elite II for 9 months how, it shrunk on me. I started with a short reach trigger and now have a standard one. I don't want SA break point anywhere closer. Vertec has a much shorter reach and for me it is too short. Note that Elite II has shorter reach than standard 92.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but are the Elite II's still worth the premium considering the market now a days? I see a 92 Elite II for sale with less than 20 rounds fired and was wondering on the price if it is worth it.

Site Supporter
    It's hard to say if something is "worth it" without knowing the price.

If the price is close to the Wilson Combat run of 92s, I would get the Wilson.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post

The Elite II has a "Brigadier" slide complete with dovetailed front and rear sights. It has a better than average spec stainless barrel (I hesitate to use the term "match grade" although I believe that's pretty much what it's supposed to be) with a recessed crown to protect the long term accuracy of the pistol. The barrel is also "Centurion" length, meaning it doesn't overhang the front of the slide as much as the typical 92 series pistol.

The frame of the gun has a cutout just below the beavertail designed to lessen the reach to the trigger.

It is a "G" model, meaning it operates as de-cocker only.

Every Elite II I've handled has exhibited better than average fitment of critical parts and better than average lockup. Accuracy from them is usually pretty good.

That combination of features makes the gun highly sought after to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's hard to say if something is "worth it" without knowing the price.

If the price is close to the Wilson Combat run of 92s, I would get the Wilson.
    This. You get the Elite II features listed above plus a few more besides...and on a brand new gun.
    3/15/2016

We are diminished
    I'd take it a step further. If you can afford the Wilson gun, I'd skip the E2 even if it were a few hundred dollars cheaper and just buy the Wilson gun.

With recent rumors of Brig Tac's run extension to 2000 units it would be nice to have a clarification of its USPSA status. Right now EII is certainly approved, while WC is not.

If the USPSA legality is non issue, then see ^^^^^. I would admit though that out of box trigger on my Elite was better than out of box trigger on WC. They will become identical with time and some massaging, but I am genuinely curious if EIIs were built with a higher level of care.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I'll have to weigh the price of the E-II against the WC one and see if I can stretch my budget that far.

User Tag List