Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Carolina Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    That was the first thing I noticed. Also, no Shelby or Olhasso in CDP, no Vogel either.
    Or Byerly or......

Is this shift an IDPA thing or a Frank thing or what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by m91196 View Post
    Or Byerly or......

For Vogel, he had a Law Enforcement Training for real money.
    For some others, there was a competing 3gun in NC. (Rob Tate and Ravin Perry, at least)
    Not sure for others.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Me and my shooting buddy Butch. These are of him shooting.
    That is a Ringo Starr imitation at the end!
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Or Byerly or......

If I had to bet money? A Frank thing.

I think it is more of an IDPA thing. The new rules fiasco has run quite a few top competitors away from the sport.

The new rules are one of the reasons we didn't go. My opinion is that Frank puts on one of the most fair, evenly run matches of anyone. The PEs are called the same for everyone. Frank comes up with good stages that give the shooter an opportunity to take chances if they want. Risk and reward. It is my favorite sanctioned match. I have a couple of Cups on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
    I think it is more of an IDPA thing. The new rules fiasco has run quite a few top competitors away from the sport.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    The new rules are one of the reasons we didn't go. My opinion is that Frank puts on one of the most fair, evenly run matches of anyone. The PEs are called the same for everyone. Frank comes up with good stages that give the shooter an opportunity to take chances if they want. Risk and reward. It is my favorite sanctioned match. I have a couple of Cups on the shelf.
    I personally think Frank was daring IDPA HQ to disqualify some of his stages that he did the way he wanted. One stage required a weak hand only reload...a direct violation of the rule. You had to download mag to 6, shoot 2 in each target while retreating, then go to cover where you find your mags on a shelf. You drop the empty mag while still keeping your weak hand grip, then load the next mag, release the slide, and engage 3 more targets from cover. It was not weak hand only...it was weak hand and optiional weak hand supported. Then there was redefining P2 as being 6 feet wide so you could move during a reload.

What did HQ do?....Nothing. And, did anybody object to the stages?...No one. It was a fair match. Vogel and Byerly already have the Champion Trophies...multiples...maybe they are just out of shelf space?

Cody

I don't understand why a MD would intentionally build stages that violate the rule book issued by the sanctioning body of the sport.

I'm not super up on IDPA rules and procedures, but if a competitor complained that the stage was illegal, and it did violate the rule book, would it get tossed after the fact?

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I personally think Frank was daring IDPA HQ to disqualify some of his stages that he did the way he wanted. One stage required a weak hand only reload...a direct violation of the rule. You had to download mag to 6, shoot 2 in each target while retreating, then go to cover where you find your mags on a shelf. You drop the empty mag while still keeping your weak hand grip, then load the next mag, release the slide, and engage 3 more targets from cover. It was not weak hand only...it was weak hand and optiional weak hand supported. Then there was redefining P2 as being 6 feet wide so you could move during a reload.

What did HQ do?....Nothing. And, did anybody object to the stages?...No one. It was a fair match. Vogel and Byerly already have the Champion Trophies...multiples...maybe they are just out of shelf space?

Cody
    What do you think about the disregard for the rules?

Does that play into the softer field of competitors?

The event used to be #2 behind Nationals for quality of competition and stages.

It may have the stages.

User Tag List