Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    I bought a Sig 10.5" pistol equipped with one of these. It's the perfect truck gun. No wait, shoots like a carbine, and goes from the back seat to out the window in a matter of a few seconds.
    Which Sig did you get?

Due to Kalifornia "Law" the dealers I have been looking at will only sell a factory pistol and not a receiver alone - thus my choices are a lot more limited. I am leaning towards the 516 in the 10.5" because it seems to be readily available and I am already familiar with the rifle having a 16" patrol model that I do actually like. Cost as well as parts availability if the world goes Mad Max are the only things holding me back.

I got the M400.... The other one was more money and had a piston, and I wasn't interested in either of those. In all honesty, I realize that I probably could have got more pistol for the money elsewhere, but it was an impulse buy. I really enjoy it. In Texas, it's legal to spotlight for hogs at night, and this combo is super easy to operate out of the truck window.

I have a Brownells parts build with one of these on there. I actually need a heavier buffer spring because it's overgassing and double feeding. But I don't care because it's hella fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post

Got impatient, waiting on the Form1 to clear, so I put together this heap.
    I have seen that FSP / light combo before, who makes it?
    Taking a break from social media.

http://shop.roschworks.com/SL1-SL1.htm

I'm very impressed by it.

When torquing it onto the forend, don't take it past 28in-lb. I did, and stripped it; my fault, so I got a local machine shop to install a helicoil, despite Rosch's having shown unwavering CS for their product.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    I got the M400.... The other one was more money and had a piston, and I wasn't interested in either of those. In all honesty, I realize that I probably could have got more pistol for the money elsewhere, but it was an impulse buy. I really enjoy it. In Texas, it's legal to spotlight for hogs at night, and this combo is super easy to operate out of the truck window.
    Thanks - now off to the carbine site to see just how bad they think the M400 is.....
    Last edited by Suvorov; 06-18-2014 at 12:46 PM.

FWIW

The LGS had two of them on the shelf....$149, or $179 w/ pistol buffer tube.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Due to it's intended purpose, it's wider than most stocks, so it sits a bit weird, especially if you mount a carbine more toward your centerline like I do, but that's not insurmountable. Just took a little getting used to.

I run a normal collapsible stock all the way out, so when in the prone with this thing, my nose doesn't touch the charging handle so much as rest on the charging handle, so I'll get punched in the lip by the gun if I don't remember to adjust my cheek weld accordingly.

Whatever it's made of....think of the material used for the butt-pads of a normal stock, though perhaps a bit more rigid than that. It fits on the RE pretty snugly, but can torque to one side or the other, so it pays to check it from time to time. Be prepared for the possibility of a lot of friction against your clothes.

Except for those minor points....it shoots like a carbine shoots. If one normally shoots with the stock adjusted one or two detents out, this thing probably won't faze you much.

It'll fit on just about any pistol RE, but it pays to get the GenII version of the KAK Industry extension designed specifically for the arm-brace, if you don't want to worry about it collapsing forward, and want to utilize something like the Tango Down PR-4 that I prefer for a rear sling mounting point: http://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-par...ol-buffer-tube

KAK's GenII uses a normal castle nut and receiver endplate, no need for special parts sometimes required by other pistol REs. I got a complete lower, removed the RE, and re-used the nut and endplate. KAK offers kits for stripped lowers; see the right side of the product page linked above, under "Related Products."

The KAK RE arrived from California 3 days after I ordered it.
    Thanks for that extremely thorough explanation Much appreciated. I'll probably order one of these to set aside with one of my stripped lowers.

So these require a carbine weight buffer and a regular carbine length spring?

Help me not have to digest all the nuances in the thread -- what parts and pieces do I need to get, and from where, to make this work with my existing lowers and uppers?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List