Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It was great fun, Thanks guys. I've been on the bubble between building a 6.8 or a 300blk as a hog hunting gun and I'm leaning 300 at this point.

PS- White River's web site isn't showing barrels, just complete uppers - did you have to call ?
    They sold out of the first 100 count run. Supposedly another run will be available in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Me likey! Shot 90 rounds through it with the brace on, it was fantastic!
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Me likey! Shot 90 rounds through it with the brace on, it was fantastic!
    MUST....RESIST.......failing....

Your beard hair would prefer the Atlantic Firearms version.. you can pick between 1", 1.5" or add them both for LOP options, and I have a beard. No beard hairs were harmed during the 90 rounds fired this afternoon.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Finally took it out today to test fire....

Was only able to run 60rds thru it today. Ran like a champ. Bolt locked back after the last round every time.

It shoots a lot softer than I thought it would. Really not much more felt recoil than a 5.56 gun.

Super accurate. I went with the cheapest (Select) 8.5 barrel that Rainier makes: https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=3391

I only got to shoot it @ 50yds but all the rounds were in the same hole when I didn't f*** up. I would say it is easily a 1MOA gun @ 100yds. I was shooting a Hornady "Custom" 300 WSPR/BLK 110gr V-Max load #8089 that I found locally.

It was kinda tough to get a good solid prone shooting position with the Sig brace. A real stock would help a bunch.

I forgot to put my ear-pro on and fired one round without it. Surprisingly my ears didn't even really ring at all. The KX5 seems to work as designed

The Vortex 1-6x was only used to shoot groups. I will be getting either an Aimpoint Micro or Triji RMR for it.

First confirmed kill with mine in 556 this weekend.

Some personal time.

Now it's time to reload the brass.

Sights are still AWOL.

I ended up going with a Vortex Razor 3MOA red dot w/ADM QD mount I found on the cheap on Ebay. I dig the Razor red dot so far in terms of build quality and features. We'll see how it holds up over time.

I help teach a LE vehicle tactics course and we do a ballistics "Lab" on day 1 of the class where we shoot thru car windshields & doors, etc to test deflection. The .300Blk had very little deflection thru the windshield as expected with most .30cal rifle rounds.

I like this lil rascal more and more every time I get to shoot it

For those that run 300blk I just received my first case of 240gr lead Hi-Tek coated bullets from Leatherhead Bullets. Should be doing some load development this next weekend.

www.leatherheadbullets.com

User Tag List