Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Revolver (Security Six) Flyers

I can't be sure from the photos, but it sure looks like the style of front sight Hamilton Bowen installs on many revolvers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Update,

I took the gun to an actual gunsmith, who diagnosed end float and a damaged crown. He installed a shim and rer-cut the crown. I took it back out with three types of .38 spl ammo. grouping improved but wasn't great. About double the size of the groups from my S&W M-10. Also had the action lock up again as the gun heated up. I returned the gun to the seller with full disclosure for a re-fund / trade in on a P-226.
    End shake is pretty common on older Six series guns that have been shot a lot. Just installing a shim won't always fix it. Frequently shimmed 6 series guns will need the forcing cone cut as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can't be sure from the photos, but it sure looks like the style of front sight Hamilton Bowen installs on many revolvers.
    I really liked the white line and taper of the front sight post. It was the primary reason I rolled the dice on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I really liked the white line and taper of the front sight post. It was the primary reason I rolled the dice on the gun.
    I have his front sight on two J frames and a number of N frame revolvers. Like it!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List