Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice on the best/fastest retention holster?

Any advice on the best/fastest retention holster?

Say someone was required to use a retention holster for a duty sidearm. What are some of the fastest reliable/ good quality retention holster out there?

You say for a duty sidearm.

Are you asking about a duty holster, soft uniform exposed OWB holster, or concealment holster?

Which particular duty sidearm?

With or without light attached?

Answers to the about questions will affect responses.

Short answer will likely be one version of Safariland's ALS series or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post

Are you asking about a duty holster, soft uniform exposed OWB holster, or concealment holster?

Duty holster? Safariland 6280.

Site Supporter
    Non duty, Safariland 7TS or 6378. The ALS is very fast and secure.

Safariland GLS, hands down.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be using a Glock 19 most likely with an X300 carried on a war belt under a plate carrier.

I'd say 6378 (w/ drop UBL) or 6365 depending on what level of retention you want. With both you can still secure the pistol without the light attached if ever necessary. The lower riding belt loops will also prevent interference with your plate carrier as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I'd say 6378 (w/ drop UBL) or 6365 depending on what level of retention you want. With both you can still secure the pistol without the light attached if ever necessary. The lower riding belt loops will also prevent interference with your plate carrier as well.
    ^This^

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ^This^
    Yup.

Add the ALS guard for just a few bucks. An added level of security without a real increase in draw-ability:

http://www.holsters.com/concealment/.../model6006.asp

Site Supporter
    I agree - this ^^^^.

I may be a bit biased towards the ALS having used thumb breaks for years. The GLS definitely has potential as well.

I was never a huge fan of the 6280/SLS. IME those with larger hands (like myself) can run them better / quicker than those with smaller hands. I've also seen two guns lost out of SLS holsters during foot pursuits in the brush. I greatly prefer the 6365.

User Tag List