Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tango Down Vickers Glcok Mag Base Plate

I don't want to print more when carrying. I've been shooting Glocks for years and haven't ever felt like I needed these things.
    #RESIST

OEM work fine; if I needed something with more grip, the do 10-8 work well.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I use them, they don't print any more than the OEM plates, but I'm a fat guy carrying at 3:30, not a skinny guy carrying AIWB....so that might not be any help.

Gotta admit though, the main reason I started using them was because they matched my watchband.

I use both the 10-8's for my m&p and vickers for the glock.I like them both I couldn't remove a mag one time during a failure drill in a class,I was hot and sweaty and couldn't get grip on the mag. won't happen again.I don't think the size is much bigger but it has the groove to grab it which is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't want to print more when carrying. I've been shooting Glocks for years and haven't ever felt like I needed these things.
    +1

It has gotten common in some quarters to now describe Glocks as needing sights, TD mag release, TD slide release, and an Apex extractor kit to be ready to go. Much in the same way many say Apex triggers are needed for an M&P. Individual mileage may vary but I have found I have no use for any of the TD/LAV after market parts on my carry guns. (nor Apex so far )
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    And if you keep it bone stock, you get to feel all retro hipster and put up meme .gifs on Facebook of that Chinese guy holding his hand up and saying "Rifle Is Fine!"
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    I use them. Black on my carry mags, orange on my training mags. I do thin out the ones on my carry mags, bit I still have decent grooved ledges to grab ahold of.

Instead of adding wider base plates, why not take a dremel and carve a half-moon shaped recess in the grip? Simpler and keeps the same low profile. Still serves the same function if you need to rip the mag out of the gun.

When Paul Gomez was teaching 1 handed stoppage reductions the GAP base plates worked well. In most cases the front extended part was shortened slightly. It did not hurt concealment.
    The front being extended was easy to hook on your belt, gear etc..... when doing a 1 handed reduction of a failure to extract/double feed.
    You did not have to lock the slide back, just hook the front extension on your gear, depress the mag release, rip the mag out, rack on your gear, reload.
    I do not see the Vickers base as being as good for this.

If I am not doing stoppage reductions 1 handed I have not found a different base plate to be necessary. I can see it might be of help if a mag got stuck though.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Instead of adding wider base plates, why not take a dremel and carve a half-moon shaped recess in the grip? Simpler and keeps the same low profile. Still serves the same function if you need to rip the mag out of the gun.
    Excellent post.
    #RESIST

User Tag List