Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What Go-To Gun/Guns do you keep close when you sleep?

12 gauge 1187 with extended magazine with full magazine and chamber empty stands in the corner between a dresser and the wall loaded with #4 buck. Holstered EDC on night stand next to the bed and what ever magazines I normally carry during the day. There's a loaded AR15 hanging on an antler rack over the door and my wife keeps her G19 in the drawer of her night stand.

G22. Two precious grandfathered 15 round mags. Mossy shotgun nearby in a locked holder. Everything else is locked away.

Oh, and two German Shepherd speed-bumps for the intruders to trip over.

I just have a warning sign that if you're up to no good, then this is what you'll find on the other side of the door.

Yup, between that and my dog, we scare the goblins before we ever need to go to the guns

As for you condition 3 folk, I assume you have wee ones, correct?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Here goes....

On my night stand:

M&P 9FS with TLR-3 and 17 round reload, next to alarm clock. 124gr +p Rangers.

My EDC for the day, either a P30 V1 9mm or sk V1 9mm, holstered, with reload (15 rd P30 mag). 147gr Rangers

Surefire EB1 Backup and Surefire G2 standing on end.

In night stand:

4 more P30 mags with 147gr Rangers.
    A few pointy, sticky, objects (not dildos)

Just under my side of bed:

14.5" middy with T-1, Mini-Scout mounted at 1:30 in a Larue mount, blah, blah, blah, and several 20 and 30 rd mags with 75gr TAP.

Benelli Nova Tactical, 7+1...first 2 rounds are slugs, followed by TAP 00.

All ready to go. At the moment, the only guns that aren't loaded are my antiques and my hunting guns.

Can't speak for others BaiHu but yes on my account. I have a little tyke running around so condition 3 when not on my person or otherwise appropriately stored/locked away.

plus 16 rounds of .40S&W

Site Supporter
    I have a G17 (condition 3) with +2 factory baseplates, Surefire X300U, and a hand held Surefire at my bedside. I also have a G19 (completely unloaded) with a G17 mag elsewhere in the room. Everything else goes in the safe since I have a fully mobile toddler now.

I also keep a tomahawk handy, but it's hard to work the tomahawk, two flashlights and a pistol all at the same time.

Current nightstand gun is my EDC, Glock 19 Gen4. This varies seasonally. Usually carry a G34 in the winter. Surefire handleld next to the gun.

Future nightstand duty gun is my recently acquired P226. Once it breaks 1,000 rounds with no problems I'll toss my TLR-1HL on it and it will be loaded (decocked) with 18 rounds of 124 +p Gold Dots. Live with my girlfriend who sleeps with my G19 on her nightstand when I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    As for you condition 3 folk, I assume you have wee ones, correct?
    My guns are in safes because I have a toddler; condition 3 is not much of an impediment. The G17 is in 3 because it won't fit in the safe holstered.
    Ignore Alien Orders

On the 2nd floor of a one bedroom apt. in a small complex w/ the kids long gone, so guns are hot.

Bathroom counter gets my EDC BUG (j-frame w/ CT dot) every day when pockets are emptied. Entry (near the door) has the EDC G19 w/ spare mags., SF R1 Lawman & X300 Ultra, TQ & pocket IFAK.

Kitchen *currently* has a 9mm CORE w/ an RMR (trying to validate for EDC, need more time) & a SHIELD that get's the G19s slot when the shirt is tucked in.

SBR (w/ can on) once a month in the living room but ONLY when a 3Gun is happening that wknd.

Arms reach from the bed is the obligatory ghey phone, G17 w/ X300U & Vang 870 (s. saddle 6 slug, 1 slug in the chbr, five 00 in the tube). Cargos, t-shirt & eyes ALWAYS pre-positioned above the Vang w/ spare 17rd G. mag., 500lmn Fury, TQ/pocket IFAK & an IWB on the belt of the cargos.

Sorry for the book but the OP asked about nearby when sleeping as this is a small one bedroom apt.

User Tag List