Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Go-To Gun/Guns do you keep close when you sleep?

I'm a big fan of NOT leaving guns laying around all over the house.

Malamute's place might be an exception since he likely doesn't get a lot of crack head burglars in his 'hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Me too.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post

Malamute's place might be an exception since he likely doesn't get a lot of crack head burglars in his 'hood.

I definitely agree in general. And yes, my situation isn't very normal.

I may be too complacent, though talking about with an LE friend, he told me theres very little house break-ins, particularly if anyones home. He said most assume theyd be shot if they did, as its remarkable to learn of anyone that doesn't have guns. Coupled with living way the heck out of town, several neighbors that are retired or work from home and are nosy enough to pay attention to whos around, and its hard for anyone to tell if I'm home at any given time. And video cameras.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I have about 4 1911s, 3-4 Glocks, and a couple of revolvers in my nightstand.

Of course, my nightstand is a pistol safe, so whatever isn't in the big safe downstairs is just automatically in my nightstand.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    For the people keeping more than one pistol, or more than one pistol and one long gun in a state of readiness, what's the thinking behind that?
    In my case, we recently sold a house, and went a little nuts buying stuff. I have a tiny gun safe in the basement that is already full, so my new purchases are littering the bedroom (I forgot to mention the wife's Model 67 (no dash), and her new Bodyguard). We are shopping for one or two new (large) safes to store all the heaters, as well as the several thousand rounds of ammo I've also acquired. Note we have no children, nor do we have small visitors. We live in a very tiny town (everyone knows everyone), so break-ins are rare. Also, the County prosecuting attorney lives across the street, and I live next to city hall.

For the people keeping more than one pistol, or more than one pistol and one long gun in a state of readiness, what's the thinking behind that?
    Prepositioned (and well hidden) upgrades in effectiveness and an issue with a two story house. My lounge around is a mouse gun, due to me wearing sweats a bunch.

Glock 22, Federal HST, 15+1

Propped against the nightstand is a Sig-Braced M92 Pap (shorty AK), on top of the night stand is Glock 17A. The AK is wearing a Streamlight TLR1H, the Glock is wearing an Inforce APL.

The AK is what I reach for if something goes bump in the night, the Glock goes in my waistband when I get up in the morning.

CZ P-09 9mm, with HSTs, surefire x300 Ultra

Vending Machine Operator
    On the nightstand is a 2013-production Beretta 92FS, 17+1 124-grain Speer GDHP (standard pressure in factory 92A1 magazine), spare 17-round factory 92A1 magazine next to it. Safety off, decocked. Under the bed is a Daniel Defense DDM4 V1, fired on an empty chamber, safety off, with a Streamlight TLR-1 on the left side rail, with a 30-round Lancer AWM5 loaded with Federal Lake City XM193.

User Tag List