Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: -Need your perspective --New Style Concealed Carry Holster

-Need your perspective --New Style Concealed Carry Holster

Coat Holster for Concealed Carry
    I would like to get the perspective of the group here. We have developed a holster that clips to the inside of your coat, vest or other garments with inside pockets. We have filed a patent on the product and are currently Patent Pending, but we would like to get a feel for the demand with this product. You can see it by following this link... http://www.justholsterit.com/coatholster/

It does not clip to your coat but uses powerful magnets to pinch the pocket minimizing wear on your garments.

Would love to hear back from everyone. Keep in mind our holsters are Lifetime warranty.

It's not the sort of thing viable for me; it depends on the load-bearing ability of that pocket in the garment, and the ability of it to resist distortion as different layers of fabric separate. It's going to need a confluence of factors to be functionally concealable, consistent indexing, passing the combatives sniff-test, comfortable in a range of weather, an appropriately sized pistol, and accessible to the different ranges of motion users may present with.

The long stretch of imagination says there might be some use inside of a vest over a salwar kameez, if that was your sort of bag; but I mention that on account of the difficulties in concealing beneath such linen, rather then the AO of such a need.

That said, good luck with bringing your holster to the market.

Magnets are not very strong at resisting a sliding force. Is there something in your design that causes the 2 halves to interlock or something through the fabric to prevent the holster from sliding?

Has anyone posted a video showing how your "coat holster" works? (A good video is worth 100 000 words.)

From the link, looking at the pic and reading the description. The coat holster appears to be a very poor design coming from someone who has had little or no handgun training and doesn't carry a handgun for defense on a regular basis, but that's just my very educated but humble opinion.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

What if you want to take your jacket off for some reason?

Clothing that is sagging due to a heavy object in a pocket can be an indicator of a weapon. Especially jackets that are hanging low on one side.

What if you get robbed and one bad guy is sticking a gun in the back of your head, while another goes through your pockets? Not a good time or place to have a gun in to attached to a pocket. It has happened to some really squared away guys and a big part of their survival was the bad guy not finding a pistol.

Thank you for everyone's comments and please know that the inventor has served in both military and law enforcement, received exceptional handgun training and carried a handgun concealed for years and wears a handgun everyday all day. And shoots competitively with a handgun. The design is to change the draw angle and offset the holster behind the coat and provide an option for those wearing a coat all day in a different weather. Currently you can buy a coat or vest with a holster sewn in, this is designed to replace those coats or vest and allow flexibility. As for getting robbed well it is alot easier to reach for your walllet in your pocket and grab your gun instead then to try to pull your shirt up and grab a gun from inside your belt where the robber can see it. If you got the point where someone got the drop on you and was that close you...well you have bigger issues.

As for the magnets they are stronger at pinching the fabric of the pocket than the clip you use for your belt holsters. These are pretty much all great comments and thoughts. Let me ask this question....If you would make it better....how??

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by justholsterit View Post
    If you would make it better....how??
    It looks to me like the weight would put quite a strain on the jacket material.
    Might be only a minimal issue attached to a heavy leather coat, but a real "whatcha got there" problem attached to a sport coat or suit jacket.
    Seems that some sort of strain relief would be beneficial. Don't have any suggestions on how to implement that cleanly.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Do you have any video that demonstrates this? I'd love to see it if you do.
    I've got a customer that I'm sourcing magnets for.... My limited experience tells me that the magnets can definitely stay stuck together, if they are using appropriate magnets (I assume they are), however, your comment brings up another question for me....... When you draw, does the holster pull at the garment until the garment provides enough resistance that the holster tension is overcome? That would make for an interesting draw stroke. How much does the coat/jacket move/bunch during the draw? How much support hand involvement in providing tension on the jacket is required?

Some videos would definitely be helpful.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Yeah videos with a timer and no editing we want to see IF you can break the 5 second mark with that Bersa !

User Tag List