Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Medkit for the Range

The Combat Gauze in my range kit has expired, so I need to replace it. Any recommended sources? Prices range from $25 on Amazon to $50+ online. Not sure if I trust an Amazon Retailer selling it at half of the prevailing price on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    The Combat Gauze in my range kit has expired, so I need to replace it. Any recommended sources? Prices range from $25 on Amazon to $50+ online. Not sure if I trust an Amazon Retailer selling it at half of the prevailing price on the net.
    Could be that cheap due to the expiration date. Does it show the date somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

QuikClot Combat Gauze LE (Z-Folded)
    http://www.rescue-essentials.com/qui...e-le-z-folded/

Just bought some from them last week. Their current lot as an expiration date of: 2016-02
    They are pretty good about posting the expiration dates in the descriptions of the products.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Could be that cheap due to the expiration date. Does it show the date somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope...and that was my thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    QuikClot Combat Gauze LE (Z-Folded)
    http://www.rescue-essentials.com/qui...e-le-z-folded/

Just bought some from them last week. Their current lot as an expiration date of: 2016-02
    They are pretty good about posting the expiration dates in the descriptions of the products.
    Thanks for the link I will check them out.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That looks awesome. It's like a giant penis that delivers mini tampons into wound channels.

I have purchased some combat gauze through Amazon (I believe Grunt Gear may be the actual seller). If I recall correctly, the expiration date is 2 years out. I'm not sure what the expectation or max shelf life is though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Saw this on their FB page yesterday. Looks like something a vet specializing in large farm animals would use!

I'm hoping to get into DAM's September course in my area. Good info for anyone to know.

Just re-read this thread, note to self: Double-check expiration dates on Quick-clot and stuff.
    FWIW, I recently added the following to all the first aid kits: Rit-in-the-rain notebooks (3x5 top-spiral bound), Inka pen attached to notebook, and Streamlite penlite attached to PALS Webbing on outside.
    The first aid packs on the range bag and the BOBs are Condor tear-away IFAKs, fairly large, so I what I built was more-or-less "boo-boo kits" with the ability to hold some trauma supplies. I've been criticized for having basic first aid/"ouchie" stuff in the range bag's FAK, instead of making it a pure "blowout" kit, but the same person has thus far failed to convince me that I should add airways and pneumothorax stuff to it before I'm able t0 get trained on their use.

I'm hoping that none of that will be useful, as these kits will turn out to never be needed...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List