Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat making M&P barrels

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Because I shot the M&P far better than I did the P30
    Good enough.

Because I shot the M&P far better than I did the P30
    S&W parts are cheap and readily available
    It is funny, I shoot almost everything better than an HK LEM, and it is at the bottom of the list of what I would take to a shooting match. That said, an HK LEM is near the top of the list of what I would choose if I thought I was going to need a pistol for real later today.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So are we back to P30forums after the short Berettaforum switch?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That said, an HK LEM is near the top of the list of what I would choose if I thought I was going to need a pistol for real later today.
    I only have one list.

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Didn't smith recently switch to a 1:10 twist for their production barrels?? Odd that Wilson stays 1:16. If they fixed the early unlocking then they might have a winner on their hands.
    To put a fine point on it, twist rate had nothing to do with any accuracy issues.

A smooth bore should be able to get you to 4" at 25yrds all day long. 8-10" groups are a result of another set of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I only have one list.

-Sent from Tapatalk
    I get that, and if I lived in lower 48, that would be my plan. Spending part of the year out around grizzly bears, causes me to have two lists, and 9mm just isn't on the second list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    You forgot CZforum.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That's all well and good but why threaded before a full size non-threaded barrel?
    If you're still interested, I emailed WC right before posting this thread asking about the availability of non-threaded barrels. Got an email early this morning: "We will have some in stock soon."
    If not me, then who?

Site Supporter
    It sure would be nice to get some input from Wilson Combat right about now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    To put a fine point on it, twist rate had nothing to do with any accuracy issues.

A smooth bore should be able to get you to 4" at 25yrds all day long. 8-10" groups are a result of another set of problems.
    Makes sense.

As a side question to someone who knows more than I; are the problems solvable via a drop in barrel?

User Tag List