Thread: Soft casing issue on a certain popular round.

Soft casing issue on a certain popular round.

Been I LE for 22 years and never had this happen to me with a premium cartridge loading into the magazine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

by loading the mag ? I still don't get how it happen.

Looks like an HST. I have seen a couple of similar photos/complaints re partially-collapsed case walls immediately behind the bullet with this ammunition. That said, I've been shooting/carrying Federal HST in 9mm, .40 (the wife), and .45 ACP for a couple of years now, involving well over 500 rounds, without any such issues… or ANY issues, for that matter.

Are you certain the cartridge didn't come out of the box that way? You causing this by thumbing the round into a magazine is… well, kind of a stretch, no disrespect intended.

I had that happen when I was carrying HSTs several years ago. It only happened after I'd carried the rounds in loaded magazines for several months. The rounds still fed and shot without issue, though.

^^^^^^This mirrors my experience with 180 HSTs as well. I am certain they were not like that when they went into the mag. I've only seen it happen with .40 cal rounds.

In my case, they were 124gr +p 9mm rounds.

I use 180gr HST in my beloved P229.
    The last 12rd mag I bought had one heck of a spring in it and was tuff to fully load.
    But the 180gr HST never had any dents.

Really I don't see how it can happen. I bet it was like that to begin with. shit happens

BTW

I just love that huge HP the 180gr HST has.
    And that it has better performance than the 9mm 147gr HST according to ATK own testing

User Tag List