Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latino Caucus excludes Latino politician because he's a Republican

Latino Caucus excludes Latino politician because he's a Republican

Full disclosure: this is my father in law. He's a retired full bird Marine Colonel, Hispanic, pro gun, and Hispanic. This is a taxpayer funded CA state caucus. For those that like to talk about liberal California, well he's unopposed for 2014. Think about that.

http://abc7.com/politics/gop-assembl...-caucus/70734/
    #RESIST

Well duh, he's being Hispanic wrong (cuz apparently that's something you can actually do).

Seriously, that's disgusting but not exactly unexpected. I wish him the best in his fight, and hope he can help bring other like minded Latinos into the fight.

My own in laws are not exactly the stereotypical immigrants either, much more conservative than most would think.

The nice thing is that the Latino Caucus is playing right into his hands.
    #RESIST

This is my shocked face.

Obviously Bush's fault.

I wish your father-in-law the best, his fight makes me happy. I hope that he is successful in illustrating to the Latino community the inanity of party-politics. I wish it extended just to party politics though, I have personally dealt with exclusionary issues from promoting Latinos in science, because my last name is "too white". I know all too well that exclusionary mentality.

-Rob

Having grown up in SoCal, having a best friend and next door neighbor who I essentially lived with that was born in Columbia and very little English was spoke in the home by his parents and siblings, and having my entire family on my mom's side from the Canal Zone in Panama (since Carter gave the Canal Zone to Panama, I figure I could actually claim to be half "Latino" myself at this point) and a Costa Rican grandmother...........I have been fairly immersed in "Hispanic Culture" most of my life, I am seeing doom in the future. All the folks I know from a deep Latin culture are not progressive liberals. Hard working, proud, independent, pro-self defense/gun, deeply religious and spiritual, family first to the bitter end, tenacious and a very much driven to succeed and excel........that is the culture I know. How this became a Pro Gay Marriage, pro government handout, pro abortion, anti-gun, secular, and victim class...........I don't know how the Dems pulled that off, but they have.

My hat's off to Little Lebowski's father in law. THAT is a man like what I grew up with. One nice thing about being in Texas is the proud Tejano culture here has been a breath of fresh air.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Having grown up in SoCal, having a best friend and next door neighbor who I essentially lived with that was born in Columbia and very little English was spoke in the home by his parents and siblings, and having my entire family on my mom's side from the Canal Zone in Panama (since Carter gave the Canal Zone to Panama, I figure I could actually claim to be half "Latino" myself at this point) and a Costa Rican grandmother...........I have been fairly immersed in "Hispanic Culture" most of my life, I am seeing doom in the future. All the folks I know from a deep Latin culture are not progressive liberals. Hard working, proud, independent, pro-self defense/gun, deeply religious and spiritual, family first to the bitter end, tenacious and a very much driven to succeed and excel........that is the culture I know. How this became a Pro Gay Marriage, pro government handout, pro abortion, anti-gun, secular, and victim class...........I don't know how the Dems pulled that off, but they have.

My hat's off to Little Lebowski's father in law. THAT is a man like what I grew up with. One nice thing about being in Texas is the proud Tejano culture here has been a breath of fresh air.
    I wouldn't give up hope on the Latinos. I think why I wouldn't is that they are so family oriented and that leads to good work ethics and therefore libertarianism/conservatism. I'm encouraging the Colonel to ask Eva Longoria's PAC for support
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wouldn't give up hope on the Latinos. I think why I wouldn't is that they are so family oriented and that leads to good work ethics and therefore libertarianism/conservatism. I'm encouraging the Colonel to ask Eva Longoria's PAC for support
    I hope the "free stuff" for votes doesn't work...........but it has been a successful strategy throughout history.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I hope the "free stuff" for votes doesn't work...........but it has been a successful strategy throughout history.
    It hits all races pretty hard. Great article on the topic.
    #RESIST

User Tag List