Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suitable materials that can add on to polymer frame?

Might be easier to order a new frame.
    #RESIST

"Might be easier to order a new frame."

how much of a hassle is this? I have a stippled frame that works, but I am not thrilled with it... Will Glock do an exchange/swap out for a fee?
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Might be easier to order a new frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    how much of a hassle is this? I have a stippled frame that works, but I am not thrilled with it... Will Glock do an exchange/swap out for a fee?
    Gadfly,

I just called to inquire about swapping a "damaged" frame for a new one. I was upfront that I had damaged the frame myself and wasn't asking for warranty service. Someone at Glock technical services quoted me $100.

Unfortunately, because I'm in Maryland, I need an FFL to send out the frame and then receive it back for me... which no doubt will come with additional fees.

Being in TX, I'm sure it would be easier for you, and therefore might be worth the cost. I doubt I'll go through it myself though.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure if I should just sell it and flip the $$ into a new Glock, or pay the $100. I have an FFL hook up, so that is no cost...
    Need to see what the hassle factor of shipping/keeping vs selling/buying new works out to...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List