11 8.80%
  • xds

13 10.40%
  • other

8 6.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: which thin 9mm

I hear a lot more people tell me they love the XDS than the Shield. I own a Kahr PM9 and I love it for comfortable Carry. BUT, I can't shoot it that fast and be accurate. I think it all depends on trigger control and whether YOU have it for these guns. I tend to stage the trigger to get accurate shots...That is why I like 1911 9mm with manual safety, or DA/SA.

Just buy all of them, try them out and sell off the ones you don't like.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    The thumb safety is pretty easy to remove on the Shield as well.
    Thats what I hear...I just haven't felt like screwing with mine just yet. A local podcaster was miffed a few months ago with S&W when he called requesting a new thumb safety. Long story short...they wouldn't give him one. I contacted them and got him 2 for about $16.00 if i remember correctly. He's been experimenting with them.

Heres what hes been doing if anyone is curious about trying something similar.

Shield and don't use the TS. I can't imagine what it would take to engage the TS unintentionally. Love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vote for a shield here. Carried in a Dark Star gear strong side hip holster, its been great. I don't mind the TS at all....it has never accidentally engaged, and I find it easy to manipulate. Its not hard to remove them either.

I strongly prefer having the TS on that gun. It allows me to activate the safety when holstering, then click it off when its in the holster. Its very unobtrusive. I do practice disengaging the TS on the draw just because its a good habit (same goes for Beretta 92s...I don't use that safety, but want to be good at clicking it off just in case)

I really can't see watching TV in the sticks without at least 16 rounds of 10mm and 4 spare mags.

But I like the steel Kahrs.

Thanks guys. Looks like the shield might be for me. Anyone know if the nanos have their problems fixed? I'm really crushing on them, but remember seeing guys have to send them back 2+ times before they worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Thanks guys. Looks like the shield might be for me. Anyone know if the nanos have their problems fixed? I'm really crushing on them, but remember seeing guys have to send them back 2+ times before they worked.
    And those are the people who come post on gun boards to vent.

Vast majority have my experience with the Nano, as in, it has gone bang each and every time so far. Mine was manuf in 2013, so I think any problems the initial runs had have since been addressed.
    If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis D. Brandeis

After reading the moderno comparison between the nano, kahr, and shield.....and seeing comparison pics for a size reference, I think I'm going to go with the shield. I think the slightly linger slide, and slightly longer grip will make it more suited for AIWB carry. Also, trigger seems to be closest to the big guns. Shield with the safety off, or removed completely(if theres no possibility of the gun locking up).

Quote Originally Posted by campbed View Post
    Vast majority have my experience with the Nano, as in, it has gone bang each and every time so far. Mine was manuf in 2013, so I think any problems the initial runs had have since been addressed.
    I personally know more people who have bad Nano's than good ones, including myself.
    Enough Nano's have FTE issues in my CCW classes (where <100 rounds are fired) that there is no way I'd recommend one.
    They're very popular around here (I routinely have 3 or 4 in a class) and I'm comfortable putting the failure rate at 50%.

Beretta should sell all the Nano tooling to Taurus, it'd fit right in with their lineup.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I hate pocket pistols myself but voted the PPS.

User Tag List