Page 36 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Rifle/caliber?
    pre-64 based .300WM:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

When shooting groups are you guys using the same hand tension you would use say doing a Bill Drill or do you change grip tension when shooting groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    When shooting groups are you guys using the same hand tension you would use say doing a Bill Drill or do you change grip tension when shooting groups?
    Same
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I relax it a little if I'm really taking my time.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I shot these two groups yesterday with my two Gen 4 Glock 17's, to discern any appreciable difference in accuracy between the two pistols.

Both are configured identically in every way.

Grouping was done on an indoor range, freestyle and premium (Speer Gold Dot 124 grain standard pressure) ammunition was used.

Target used was the B8 Replacement Center bullseye target.

I think that both are accurate enough for government work, and any accuracy shortcomings are solely attributed to the idiot behind the trigger.

SCN_0008.pdf

SCN_0007.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Grouping was done on an indoor range, freestyle and premium (Speer Gold Dot 124 grain standard pressure) ammunition was used.
    This got me thinking. I've been shooting some at indoor ranges recently when I normally shoot at an outdoor range.

I've noticed that since the lighting is somewhere between atrocious and non-existent at the indoor ranges I frequent, I don't get as clear a sight picture and find extreme accuracy more challenging.

This is the best I could do today. 93-1X. Crappy Barnaul Ammo, regular Trijicon Night Sights, front painted bright orange. First shot DA.

^^^Nice job!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

There is always one flyer...

Checked sights on the 1911 after having them tweaked. I would say they are good.

10 Rounds, slow fire from 25 yards; 99-7x.

C Class shooter.

I've been working with a new-ish Gen4 G17. Accuracy is impressive--at least as good as my Gen3 guns with Wilson Combat barrels. This is the second 1.25" offhand group it's made at 25 yards.

I have less than 500 rounds through it so far, so I'll refrain from sharing my other impressions. Suffice it to say that they're favorable.

Okie John

User Tag List