Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Recommendations for Range Bags

I use one of the GPS bags Cody linked to a while back. I carry everything in it when heading to the range and so far it seems pretty good though I've only put about 6 months on it. I have some concerns about the shoulder strap since I tend to carry a bunch of ammo in the center well. The regular handles go all the way around the bag providing a strong support, but the should strap is only stitched into the side of the bag above the lift ports. I paid $57 for it from Dvor.com

Time will tell if it holds up, but it has lots of places for additional stuff and is working fine for me at the moment. Please accept my apologies for the photos, I didn't feel like dragging the Nikon out and doing it right so I used my phone.

The bag; all closed up. For reference, those are 17" long targets attached to the top handle:

5 Magazine pouches:

The front flap has pen/pencil holders and an enclosed plastic zipper pouch:

One side has a labeled spot for a stapler and for earmuffs. The shoulder strap clip and mount are metal:

The other side is labeled for binoculars and tape; I keep extra eyes and ears in there:

What I call the back is setup with: a small toolbox case, a couple of velcro bottomed cartridge cups, and a few movable pad strips. I also keep my backstraps and a few wipes in there:

The center well is quite spacious with no dividers. I've got seven 100 round reload cases, my M&P FS, four 50 round boxes of ammo, a microfiber, and a bore snake in there.

And finally, the inside of the top flap has places for eyes and ears:

Matt

All of my range bags end up weighing in the neighborhood of 50 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    All of my range bags end up weighing in the neighborhood of 50 pounds.
    I've gone over to one of the small LA Police Gear Bailout Bags for IDPA matches. I can keep my primary pistol, backup pistol, five primary mags, five backup mags, ear pro, spare eye pro, 300 rounds of 9mm, a small cleaning kit, wipes, a squib rod, patches, lube, drink, and snacks in it and it stays under 15 pounds. Now the kit in the truck is a different story...
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List