Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Range Bags

This G.P.S. Bag looks good. Anybody own one?
    Are the GPS products good?
    Thanks,
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    For $50, looks like I can buy 3-4 of these Midway Competition bags for the price of a fancier bag.
    And you can go through 3-4 Midway bags before you realize that sometimes you bay for quality.

The Midway bag is a nearly identical in design to the Shooter's Connection bag, so many new competitors opt for the Midway bag to save money. I know more than one that bought the SC bag after going through a couple of Midway bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have to confess to being a Maxpedition fangirl. I liked my Fliegerduffle I use as traveling luggage so much that I bought a Sitka Gearslinger to use as a carry-on and general around-town tablet/camera bag. (Of course, because it gets used as a carry-on, I never take it near a range if I can help it.)
    My Typhoon has almost no wear, just a couple of stains from almost a decade of use. And I don't baby it, it gets dropped and flung as I give zero ****s.

Though if I were buying again I would've gone for a backpack, instead of a single strap bag.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    And you can go through 3-4 Midway bags before you realize that sometimes you bay for quality.

The Midway bag is a nearly identical in design to the Shooter's Connection bag, so many new competitors opt for the Midway bag to save money. I know more than one that bought the SC bag after going through a couple of Midway bags.

If I may, what has been going wrong with the Midway bags that you have seen, and under what type of use? I ask mostly because of the good luck I have had with my pair, namely the fact that when I was a few years younger I regularly loaded them with enough ammo that I had to carry them with two hands and they aren't any worse for wear. Not trying to be argumentative, but I am curious as to whether I got a couple of above average samples.

Sorry, forgot the link to the G.P.S. Bag.

http://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-602167-P...ZMYPWQEA75E73A

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    ... Waller & Sons ...
    Yup, they made great gear. I wasn't happy with the large range bag, but that's because it was too "long" for my needs; the quality was primo.

However, I still have one of those discreet carbine cases they made for the feds. I've yet to see anything that surpasses it in terms of quality and utility; heck, supposedly it even floats for a while. Since I'm not into water sports/things nautical, I doubt I'll ever find out. Too bad they're gone, though. I also still use the small open-topped "tote bag", that came with the large range bag, to lug extra loaded HK45C magazines during quals.

The search for the "perfect" range bag is never-ending. I have been using a brief-cased size IShot bag for some years now, but its really too small and I've been eyeing these back-pack style bags. Some really nice ones out there, but all the heavy-duty examples I've looked at have those molle straps all over them. Those are useful, I'm sure, but I'd rather not look like Tactical Timmy, and all of that.

Sometimes older can be better. Last week-end, LSP552 and another old comrade and I went shooting. Said other comrade is still using his old blue Dillon bag, purchased in the early 90s. Its pretty much the worse for wear, but still perfectly serviceable. I kick myself for losing track of mine (bought at the same time as his), because it is just the right size for my current needs, and more importantly you can see what's inside the thing without a steenkin' flashlight. Maybe one day bag producers in general will snap to the fact that a light-colored interior is a GOOD thing.

At any rate, the current Dillon bag is approved Tactical Black (inside and out) and appears to be smaller than the original blue one.

If anyone knows of a good, solid back-pack bag (larger than day pack size) that won't make one look like like you're getting on the next plane for the third world, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I keep waiting for my large midway bag to fail. It's been a couple/three years now, so I'm sure it'll disassemble itself any day now. When that happens, unless I find something better by then, I'll get a goruck bag. The molle will get covered up with utility pouches for eyes/ears, bok, stapler/tools, cleaning kit, etc. So the inside can have guns and ammo. In sand color, which is almost white, for visibility. Does that make me a Tactical Timmy?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Does that make me a Tactical Timmy?
    No, just a little sensitive. C'mon, I took a suggestion for a Minnie Pearl purse with more aplomb than that.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    That is a very well-thought-out-looking bag.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List