Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Range Bags

Site Supporter
    Been very happy with my Tactical Taylor Range Bag, never flown with it though.

Cookie Monster

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    ISYN I wore out a Waller. I can't actually shoot my gear, but by god I can load up a bag and sling it around.
    I will say this: I carry ammo to and from the range in ammo cans. I save the range bag strictly for guns 'n' gear.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Me too, a Waller later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore Alien Orders

I have a sturdy satchel-style bag for ammo, and, just to be different, an LAPG Molle Bag for the pistolas. It'll hold two (or three, depending on models) pistols in rugs or sleeves, and I added my range first aid kit in a tear-away pouch, a cleaning supplies pouch, and pouches for eye and ear pro to the exterior.
    I'm not sure LAPG still sells the MOLLE bag, but County Comm sells something similar.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I actually have two range bags. I have a Maxpedition Tyhpoon that I've had for years. That stays in my trunk with all the gear I need to shoot. It is also the bag I take with me on trips.

I use a CountyComm XL Claymore bag as the bag I use to get guns and ammo between the house and the car.

I really like my SOE large tool bag. It's bomber, holds its shape, and is lined with Velcro for customization on the inside. Like others, I carry ammo separate in cans.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...E-BAG-3p62.htm

I've been using the above bag for a couple years now and have been very pleased. There are lots of 'just rough' sized compartments and it's well made.
    This Maxpedition bag looks awesome!
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    ISYN I wore out a Waller. I can't actually shoot my gear, but by god I can load up a bag and sling it around.

I like my Midway Competition bag (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...ProductFinding). I essentially use it as a trunk organizer, and the little pull-out bag that goes in the center of it is my ammo shuttle that goes down to the reloading hole and comes back up to the car. With the center bag out I have room for chrono, rest, tripod, chapman set, spotting scope, and a full rig if I like in the middle, with the outer pockets free for the actual every-time stuff.

It is not terrifically well made, but good enough for maybe a few years.

If I was like you and shot a lot of matches I"d probably look at the Maxpedition Compact. Their stuff is well built and you don't need to carry around all the stuff that fills a full size bag.
    For $50, looks like I can buy 3-4 of these Midway Competition bags for the price of a fancier bag.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

For travelling, I use a case exactly like this one:

http://www.grunt.com/aluminum-double-sided-pistol-case

It is double-sided so I can put ammo in one side and two guns in the other side, plus Uplula, mags, small tools, cleaning stuff, etc.

This will fit into a regular sized sport bag, like this one:

http://www.bigfitness.com/sk-gymbag-...g#.U223DPldUcY

I then put other stuff (shooting glasses, ear muffs, belt, timer, etc.) into the sport bag or in my regular luggage. If the airline requires me to separate the ammo in a different bag I will put ammo in regular luggage.

I will probably order another one of the double-sided aluminum ones just for travel for competition.

When I am travelling but not competing, I just use one of these:

http://www.gunvault.com/mv500-std-microvault-1.html

The XL version (1000) has enough room for other valuables, cash, wallet, etc.

Thanks to everyone for their great suggestions.
    Cody

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    I actually have two range bags. I have a Maxpedition Tyhpoon that I've had for years.
    I have to confess to being a Maxpedition fangirl. I liked my Fliegerduffle I use as traveling luggage so much that I bought a Sitka Gearslinger to use as a carry-on and general around-town tablet/camera bag. (Of course, because it gets used as a carry-on, I never take it near a range if I can help it.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List