Page 17 of 242 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Glad to have found this long post. I'm working on moving away from drinking (my beloved) beer for the sake of better weight-control management, and I have been quite pleased with my first forays into sipping bourbon, including Maker's Mark. I plan to sample Elijah Craig 12, Knob Creek, Booker's....and any other highly recommended makes mentioned here.
    Last edited by ubervic; 11-18-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Glad to have found this long post. I'm working on moving away from drinking (my beloved) beer for the sake of better weight-control management, and I have been quite pleased with my first forays into sipping bourbon, including Maker's Mark. I plan to sample Elijah Craig 12, Knob Creek, Booker's....and any other highly recommended makes mentioned here.
    While I prefer Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek, Elijah Craig 12 year is probably the best bang for the buck decent bourbon I've found, at least as per VA ABC store prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    While I prefer Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek, Elijah Craig 12 year is probably the best bang for the buck decent bourbon I've found, at least as per VA ABC store prices.
    Cool.
    I was about to pick up Knob Creek tonight, but I've heard many great things about Elijah Craig 12 as well.

Knob Creek single barrel can have some strong flavors, non bourbon drinking friends are usually put off if we start with it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Roger that. Think I'll pick up the Elijah Craig.

Site Supporter
    I just finished a bottle of Wathen's Single Barrel and it was quite good.

Now... to open the Blanton's or wait a bit... if I finish it before Christmas and can't find another bottle for the holiday I'll wish I had waited... but I have it now and it's one of the very best... decisions decisions...

Site Supporter
    I started out drinking makers mark. I moved on to drinking wellers special reserve, famous grouse and glenmorangie scotch. None of them are expensive but I really like them. I'd rather spend my money on better guns than more expensive alcohol.

After much consternation, I picked up a small bottle of Bulleit. Funny thing: It's super-smooth with an absolutely clean finish. Ghost-like.

Hmmmmm, I rather like the fuller, more complex profile of Maker's Mark...

Next time I'll try MM 46...or maybe I'll stick with my original plan of trying Elijah Craig. Or both.

After much consternation, I picked up a small bottle of Bulleit. Funny thing: It's super-smooth with an absolutely clean finish. Ghost-like.

Next time I'll try MM 46...or maybe I'll stick with my original plan of trying Elijah Craig. Or both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post

Try their Rye. The green label.
    Its excellent. Better than their Bourbon.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List