Page 7 of 241 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I've never suffered fool lightly, but tequila makes me really aggressive so I stay away from it.
    In all my years drinking, and it's been a few, the only liquor that ever made me evil was Weller bourbon. I learned to stay away from that one after a couple of tries. I do like a good bourbon, though, and most of the ones listed here are nice. Makers Mark is always an easy choice, as are Woodford and Eagle Rare. I've been experimenting with mezcal for sipping tequila lately and I enjoy it so far with no major issues. Of course, I haven't left the house...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I like bourbon with a small dollop of water, though this may be blasphemous.
    I have heard that the use of branch water falls with in chapter and verse.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Yes it does! It's funny, but tequila affects me differently than other alcohol. I've never suffered fool lightly, but tequila makes me really aggressive so I stay away from it.

I love a good Bourbon, Tennessee Whisky or Scotch but Tequila is the tool of the Devil!
    For many years, my wife tried to forbid me from drinking tequila. I don't recall everything that happened that night in college, but I was told it involved chewing on some guy's leg as he tried to step over my semi-conscious form to get to the bathroom (I'm reasonably sure that happened, as I was picking leg hairs out of my teeth the next morning), vomiting into the grass outside the apartment (which died over the course of the next week, and never grew back in the two years we lived there), bellyflopping my way onto a Dance Dance Revolution pad, and possibly whipping the Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. I'm not too sure on that last part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    For many years, my wife tried to forbid me from drinking tequila. I don't recall everything that happened that night in college, but I was told it involved chewing on some guy's leg as he tried to step over my semi-conscious form to get to the bathroom (I'm reasonably sure that happened, as I was picking leg hairs out of my teeth the next morning), vomiting into the grass outside the apartment (which died over the course of the next week, and never grew back in the two years we lived there), bellyflopping my way onto a Dance Dance Revolution pad, and possibly whipping the Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. I'm not too sure on that last part, though.
    LOL

Site Supporter
    I'm on a motorcycle trip in northern Arkansas. One of the guys brought some Wild Turkey Rare Breed single barrel. . I think I may have found something better than Bookers. Never thought I'd see the day.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm on a motorcycle trip in northern Arkansas. One of the guys brought some Wild Turkey Rare Breed single barrel. . I think I may have found something better than Bookers. Never thought I'd see the day.
    Yeah, that rare breed is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Rare Breed, clever name. Wild Turkey was the first liquor I ever tasted. 13 or 14. I like the lower shelf as well, but of course it tasted like crap at that age.

If you're in the Buffalo National River area, some beautiful scenery, bluff lines, river, around hwy 71, 21, 43. Though there's a lot of scenic routes where you're at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's good stuff but I can't touch that.

Tried something new this week. My "bourbon guy" suggested it, he said it was new. He also had two, more expensive bottles from the same distillery.

For ~$26 it's quite good.

User Tag List