Page 105 of 242 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    I like my bourbon at least 100 proof (Bottled In Bond)and I drink it neat.

My favorites right now at or near 100 proof are Weller 107 (which is impossible to find near me) and Henry McKenna 10. At higher proof I'm liking Booker's and Knob Creek Single Barrel.

I have a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof that just doesn't do it for me. Interestingly enough, when I blend it 50/50 with Weller SR, which I don't care for either, it is pretty good.
    Isn't it amazing and cool how different others' take on the same bottles are?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post

Yes it is. I'm in a whiskey group of almost 14,000 members and it is interesting how diverse tastes can be sometimes.

There are always whiskies that most of the group agree on but even the crowd favorites always have those that don't like them.

Site Supporter
    Curious as to what you think of it.

I consider Buffalo Trace a good bourbon for the money. The store was out of Weller and they had the Buffalo Trace so I decided to pick it up.

So very much so! I ran bars for 20yrs and I've served a blue ton of Blanton's, but you'll never see me order it, just misses most of my bourbon buttons completely. I like Basil Hayden very much and I don't get it all when people find the two similar. I want my bourbon to have heft, Elijah Craig being a perfect example.

I used to prefer my bourbon in the mid 90's range and served neat. A brother from another mother flew from MT to KY and I drove in from IN to pick him up and head to Bourbon Fest one year and he managed to pick up a couple bottles of Pappy Van Winkle's limited Bourbon Fest batch. When next I saw him, he insisted we drink that over ice and boom, Bob's your uncle, probably 90% of the bourbon I've had since has been on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Backflash (1998): “When the car stopped rolling, Parker kicked out the rest of the windshield and crawled through onto the wrinkled hood, Glock first.”
    I so remember reading that opening. I'd already read quite a bit of Westlake, much of that as a kid, before I ever found out about Stark & started on Parker...probably sometime in my 20's. Great stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    So very much so! I ran bars for 20yrs and I've served a blue ton of Blanton's, but you'll never see me order it, just misses most of my bourbon buttons completely. I like Basil Hayden very much and I don't get it all when people find the two similar. I want my bourbon to have heft, Elijah Craig being a perfect example.

I used to prefer my bourbon in the mid 90's range and served neat. A brother from another mother flew from MT to KY and I drove in from IN to pick him up and head to Bourbon Fest one year and he managed to pick up a couple bottles of Pappy Van Winkle's limited Bourbon Fest batch. When next I saw him, he insisted we drink that over ice and boom, Bob's your uncle, probably 90% of the bourbon I've had since has been on the rocks.
    It is amazing how tastes vary, even among people who have been enjoying bourbon for a long time. I certainly don't hate Basil Hayden and recognize it as a fine bourbon with a history. But to me it seems almost a little too smooth, whereas Blanton's to me has a bit more complex flavor that I prefer.

I have been drinking my bourbon neat lately for the most part, but sometimes I enjoy it over a single large well-formed ice cube. It cools the drink a bit without diluting the flavor.

I love seeing some of my favorite bourbons thick in the conversations!
    I really like the old granddad 100 and 114, and also Very Old Barton (which is impossible to find in upstate SC).
    When I’m drinking it straight on the rocks I love the Buffalo Trace family of bourbons. From BT to Eagle Rare up into the Colonel Taylors, they’re all great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I decided to try Four Roses small batch based on recommendations from some of our Lieutenants. I’m not impressed. For an 80 proof bourbon all I get is an alchohol taste. It just doesn’t have much character for me. Out of everything I’ve tried it’s my least favorite so far. It could be because I like a couple ice cubes in my bourbon. I’ll try it neat and see if that improves it.

Tried the Henry McKenna 10 year tonight. Pretty good. The restaurant (Rye Kansas City) I went to also had Pappy Van Winkle (of which I did not drink) for $125 a pour.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    I like my bourbon at least 100 proof (Bottled In Bond)and I drink it neat.

My favorites right now at or near 100 proof are Weller 107 (which is impossible to find near me) and Henry McKenna 10. At higher proof I'm liking Booker's and Knob Creek Single Barrel.

I have a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof that just doesn't do it for me. Interestingly enough, when I blend it 50/50 with Weller SR, which I don't care for either, it is pretty good.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    went to also had Pappy Van Winkle (of which I did not drink) for $125 a pour.
    What age and what size pour? It is something every bourbon drinker should try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Tried the Henry McKenna 10 year tonight. Pretty good. The restaurant (Rye Kansas City) I went to also had Pappy Van Winkle (of which I did not drink) for $125 a pour.
    Are they selling bourbon or cocaine? Either way I would be out too.

User Tag List