Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trijicon changing their orange HDs?

Orange
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I don't seem to notice much difference with either but during sunny range days I love the yellow...

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    Nothing yet from Trijicon. For you guys running both, which color do you prefer?
    I'll take "colors not often found in nature" for $100, Alex. (Meaning I prefer a glaring fluorescent orange over just about any other color on a front sight.)
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I'll take "colors not often found in nature" for $100, Alex. (Meaning I prefer a glaring fluorescent orange over just about any other color on a front sight.)
    Yes, but 37.64% of all gun fights occur in pumpkin patches.

Site Supporter
    A Fukushima pumpkin patch....

I don't think I understand the arguement for a color not found in nature... The dude could easily be wearing a orange shirt? Other wise I don't understand the difference between the two choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    Nothing yet from Trijicon. For you guys running both, which color do you prefer?
    I have the orange on my P30L and the yellow on my SK. After having painted the stock P30L front sight orange I thought I'd prefer the orange HDs. Turns out the yellow works better for my eyes.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I don't think I understand the arguement for a color not found in nature... The dude could easily be wearing a orange shirt? Other wise I don't understand the difference between the two choices?
    At least from my experience you want your sight to contract with your background. Particularly in a shooting situation, you tend to focus on your target(or their gun), while your sights are in your periphery vision. The more the sight contrasts with your background, the easier it is to pick up when your focus is on the threat. At least for me, my backgrounds are mostly foliage and water ways, so I will likely give the orange ones a try. I would think that urban, vehicle, and indoor environments would be good for the green/yellows.

I honestly have no idea where you would ever see that bright of a yellow in any situation besides a t shirt or paint... Not advocating either more than the other just confused at the conclusion many have come to.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I honestly have no idea where you would ever see that bright of a yellow in any situation besides a t shirt or paint... Not advocating either more than the other just confused at the conclusion many have come to.
    I suppose it could be a difference in what someone sees since we all have some slight difference in our color spectrums, but to me I see more green than yellow in the HDs.....particularly when the background is green/blue.

User Tag List