Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trijicon changing their orange HDs?

Is Trijicon changing their orange HDs?

I was looking for some new HDs for some duty guns, when I noticed that Optics Planet has the orange HDs pictured in a much brighter yellow/orange color configuration that what the typical red/orange HDs are:

Here is the new pic with "2013" as a manufacturing date on them:

Here are ones that I am used to seeing:

Just curious if anyone knows if Trijicon has changed the orange HDs. I haven't gotten any info back from Trijicon yet.

I have some 2014 orange HD's that look like the set I bought when they first came out.
    No changes.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

To my eyes, lots of the product photos on OP are...off for lack of a better term.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

My bet is they used hot-lights for the photos, and the orange ring took enough of a charge to glow. ::shrug::
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Alternative theory: I've noticed that orange-dot HDs have been in short supply and sometimes out of stock at various vendors, while the less popular yellow-dot version has been readily available. Occam's Razor says they simply photographed whatever they had on hand when they were doing product shoots. That sure looks like the yellow version to me.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

That is not the yellow.

A recent purchase HD front from OP matches my other orange ones. No changes.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

If I was guessing that is stock photo of the yellow sight that was altered to look orange. Notice that the tritium vial also looks colored which is contrary to the second photo and all examples I've ever seen in person.

If that's a stock photo they need to rethink who takes them... That's hideous and much of it's not even in focus.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    My first thought was it's a white balance issue, but then I looked at the text on the top of the sight and it doesn't look askew.

Nothing yet from Trijicon. For you guys running both, which color do you prefer?

User Tag List