Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Salient G41 Tier 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    The Vogel bit is absolutely not true. I'd be curious as to where you heard that.
    I've only seen one picture of Bob with a Salient Glock, and that was at least 2 years old based on his shooting gear.

I can also say for a fact that for Bob's IPSC Standard division gun that he added weight to the slide. It looks like rail sections slapped on the side of the slide.

The Vogel bit is absolutely not true. I'd be curious as to where you heard that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwiF1lakpQ

Around 26:21

I was at Vogel's house last week, directly speaking to him about Salient at one point, unless I'm going crazy, I stand by my original statement.

There is a long standing and relatively well known feud between SAI and Taran on the other hand. :shrug: I stay out of that crap.

Bob does prefer heavier slides. He's also using a Glock light as a forward hand-stop. So what he does and what I and everyone else does, are two different things.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

So what he does and what I and everyone else does, are two different things.
    Considering his track record, matching what he doesn't wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm just following along, as I don't have knowledge of much of what's being discussed (never held a Salient), but didn't Mr. Butler just launch his own, competing company? He's doing the rounds trying to get the word out about his products. Kind of problem with the source there, it would seem.

As long as I'm posting:
    Can't you get them to just drop in their trigger system and fit it to your frame for a little over $200 or so? I think I saw something about that on their FB during the Sig endurance test when I hit their page.

A $1000 Salient Glock? I would strongly consider that.

The argument about the cost of a highly customized Glock vs a highly customized 1911 makes a good bit of sense to me, as well. Especially if you look a Wilson Combat's polymer 9mm SpecOps9 as a potentially competing product vs. a Salient Glock 17 (same cost range, same frame material, same approx weight, same caliber, almost same capacity, same goal of being a high end carry piece option).
    "I don't want to be lorded over by a Bible thumping theocrat any more than a frappa-lappa-mocha chino sipping hoplophobic statist."-FredM

Mr. Butler at one point or another worked with/for SAI, depending on who you ask.

I would take whatever one says about the other with a VERY large grain of salt.

Anyway...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I don't think the average Salient client is Taran's demographic, as he builds guns for competitors. The only people I've heard of who shoot Salient guns are tactical trainers/YouTube celebrities. And people who "test" them for their internet radio program.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The only people I've heard of who shoot Salient guns are tactical trainers/YouTube celebrities.
    And how many of them were GIVEN the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I don't think the average Salient client is Taran's demographic, as he builds guns for competitors. The only people I've heard of who shoot Salient guns are tactical trainers/YouTube celebrities. And people who "test" them for their internet radio program.
    There's so much wrong with that statement that it's almost depressing to me. Anyway, I'm gonna get back to my internet radio program, I've got more guns to "test".
    J.M. Johnston

There's so much wrong with that statement that it's almost depressing to me.
    Actually it is quite accurate. Salient pistols are not common in the competition side.

I've never seen a Salient Arms gun in USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, or NRA Action Pistol/Bianchi Cup. Granted I am simply looking for the super chopped up gun, there might have been some people with Salient trigger jobs, but that isn't really the subject of this thread.

I don't know about three gunners beyond I do know a couple of three gunners that use Salient Benellis. But on the pistol side they use STIs or Glock 34s without obvious Salient work.

As far as Taran being competition, doing the type of slide cutting that Salient does isn't rocket science, considering what he sells he certainly has access to a milling machine if his company doesn't own one. Doing that type of work is machine hours, and labor hours, which in turn is profit. If Taran isn't going after such a profit center, perhaps he has his reasons. Like for example not selling something that he has found that people don't need?

User Tag List