Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Salient G41 Tier 2

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    No. Not at all. The trigger is quite different and nothing like my Glocks with loads through them and nothing like a Glock I have shot with over 75,000 rounds through it.
    I meant overall improvement - the gun and more importantly, the shooter
    #RESIST

Right, and I agree, but let's be real. A $2500 Glock is not a pragmatic decision and shouldn't necessarily be made with the same standards in mind. What I saw and handled certainly have the feeling that there was value added and the trigger was quite desirable for me.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Full disclosure, I have a pretty good relationship with Salient. That having been said...

There is a NOTICEABLE improvement with their guns compared to the stock ones...
    I believe it. Gear always matters. Just a cost/benefit thing. I look forward to trying one out someday.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You can enhance a Glock trigger by installing a trigger kit from Vanek at a reasonable price using all OEM parts.

Or by doing a detailed dis-assembly, properly lubricating the connector/triggerbar interface surfaces, and then running 500-1000 rounds through one...

Best, Jon

That salient mk25 is by far imho the sexiest pistol I've seen.

It looks very nice, it looks to me like it's there for people who like to compulsively spend money, and if you have the money to spend there's nothing wrong with that. Personally, when I checked them out and learned the prices they charged I thought it was ridiculous to charge the same for a customized polymer gun as you would for a Wilson Combat 1911, but then again I'm pretty fiscally conservative. Having said that, I doubt it would make any noticeable difference over a stock Glock in an actual high stress shooting scenario. Certainly not nearly as much of a difference as it would to instead apply that money to practice ammo.

Evidence shows more successful self defense shootings happen with guns most of us would be ashamed to let our friends know we own.

It won't have much benefit over a stock Glock but there is no amount of shooting that will make the stock trigger like a Salient trigger. You can get a more desirable trigger and make significant improvements for far less but it will never be what the Salient is.

You can drop all the money in the world on a 1911 and it still won't be Salient Glock, or a stock Glock, or have the capacity. It's an apples to tricycles comparison.

Just depends on what you want and how much you can justify.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Or by doing a detailed dis-assembly, properly lubricating the connector/triggerbar interface surfaces, and then running 500-1000 rounds through one...

Best, Jon

A properly lubricated Glock will get very little wear on the trigger components and will never shoot enough rounds to compare to a good trigger job.

They're only overpriced to the people not willing to pay for them, if that makes sense. I will say my opinion on them has changed significantly compared to what it was before the MK25 project.

As with anything, spend money on stuff that has value to you, no one else can determine exactly what that is. I'm certainly not going to try to tell anybody. :shrug:
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List