Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gear Review: MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X Neckband hearing protectors

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Well they said it was the cable, and that it would cost $137 to fix.
    Ouch. That's a little rough on the wallet.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Ouch. That's a little rough on the wallet.
    Yes I wasn't expected to shell out $140, but SRS doesn't have much choice as MSA says that the cable is a non-warranty item. He thinks that the cable splitting is due to UV damage, and that there must have been a bad batch as they are getting a lot of ones from my vintage back for cable replacement.

Considering the amount of use I have got out of them, I'm not too disappointed. Though I am hoping that it was simply a bad batch of cables and I should get many more years of use out of mine.

But I will be wrapping it with electrical tape the moment I receive them, though I am considering ordered a roll of Battle Systems FDE tape and use that because tactical. Oh while I was at OC Tactical comtemplating that I noticed that they are selling their replacement padded head bands to the public again.
    http://stores.octactical.com/hp2-hea...tection-cover/

Though only a few limited options, so I don't have to worry about anyone else rocking a Desert DPM headband. You know awkward it is when you go to a party and someone else is wearing the same shirt.

Well it is on it's way back to me. With a hygiene kit it is $152.

He also said that they put heat shrink wrapping over the exposed part so I don't need to wrap it with electrical tape.

I will get some photos after they return it.

Well it is back. Other than the new cable it looks just like I sent it in, complete with the wear and nicks.

The heat shrink tubing went up all the way into the head band, but just barely, so I added a couple of extra inches with electrical tape. That along with a new set of foams from a hygiene kit has made it like new. Well minus the exterior wear from five years of use.

I am very pleased that the SRS decided to do the heat shrink wrapping of the cable as they anticipated my need and provided a solution that is much more sightly than someone seeing my head set wrapped up with electrical tape.

PPGMD thx for the detailed update & pics. 5yrs old eh, they look like they are in pretty good shape, same age as my OTH Pro-X's.

Bought a pair of BTH DEHPs to use in my helmet, also to augment my OTH Pro-X's. If anyone is considering the BTH version, quit considering & BUY them. They are much more comfortable IMO + they work even better w/ long-guns.

Finally after five years, I've used the headphone jack for the first time.

I never used it before because I thought that the cable would get in the way. But since it is all attached to the headset, it works really well.

And no worries about the rain as the iPod is more waterproof than the headset, since it was waterproofed by a third party service (I use it in the pool).

Reviving an old thread. I am about to buy some electronic hearing protection for pistol and AR indoor range use. Are these still near or at the top of the list for high quality "LOW PROFILE" muffs or have others surpassed them? My main concerns are low profile for good clearance of the rifle stock and comfortable with eye protection.

Great for your purpose imo. I would still use foam plugs under them with rifles indor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Losi b View Post
    Reviving an old thread. I am about to buy some electronic hearing protection for pistol and AR indoor range use. Are these still near or at the top of the list for high quality "LOW PROFILE" muffs or have others surpassed them? My main concerns are low profile for good clearance of the rifle stock and comfortable with eye protection.
    We did a group buy here on p-f.com in October, several members purchased direct from SRR. I bought a pair of the Pro X and am very happy with them.

I previously have used HL Impact Pros, and Impact Sports.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-09-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered mine locally from DSGARMS.COM for $269.00 with the gel ear cups. https://dsgarms.com/msa75302-x-g
    My gun bag is a little small for the to fit inside. What bag do most use for these muffs?

User Tag List