Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you keep a dedicated round count log?

Do you keep a dedicated round count log?

Question is pretty straightforward. Do you keep a dedicated round count log for your weapons? I've started keeping a log for my most recent firearms purchases in order to keep track of recommended maintenance schedules and also for my own personal reference/curiosity. If you don't keep a round count log, how do you keep up with scheduled maintenance items (recoil springs, trigger springs, etc)? Or do you just fix/replace items when there's a malfunction or problem?

I log every round, weather, drills, and other performance benchmarks. TLG rubbed off on me several years ago, regarding detailed notes.

Yes, in a Rite-In-The-Rain pocket notebook which stays in my range bag. I record the number of rounds by bullet weight & make (though it's 99% Freedom Munitions these days) and any function issues during that particular session. This helped me clearly establish that 147gr FMJ worked fine during the break-in period on my P30 while 124gr and 115gr FMJ would always cause an issue on the last round of the magazine, for example.

(Though sometimes I have to go back and true it up against my ammo orders if I forget to record a session or three during a particularly busy week...)
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I keep a log for each gun, every round fired with sku, and what I did in the range session. Sometimes, I use a practice worksheet for specific data. Other times, just a simple notation.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Well you guys definitely keep more detailed logs than I. I used to keep track of bullet weight/+p/brass or steel cased and cleaning schedules. I've slacked off quite a bit and only record total number of rounds fired. I think I may start detailing which drills I do in order to better record my performance.

I keep rounds fonts in the same log I use to record my range sessions. What drills did I run and there times and scores. I also keep track of what ammo I am using, I have exclusively used precision cartridge in my M&P but am switching to Georgia Arms because I can't get PC anymore.

I use an old school composition notebook at the range for ease of data entry and then transfer the info to Pages when I get home.

Mike

I had not before pfdotcom. The training journal is now my log for all my handguns. I don't shoot enough rifle to matter.
    Ignore Alien Orders

For drills, I take pictures of the targets with a quick note scrawled alongside. As seen in my training journals, actually.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    For drills, I take pictures of the targets with a quick note scrawled alongside. As seen in my training journals, actually.
    Now that I belong to a proper (not square) range I may incorporate this into my log also.

Mike

User Tag List