Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying a used HK p30

Thanks for the discussion gents. Mr. Bolke, I look forward to getting up to Dallas from Killeen once I'm back up on my feet following ACL reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    Thanks for the discussion gents. Mr. Bolke, I look forward to getting up to Dallas from Killeen once I'm back up on my feet following ACL reconstruction.
    Good luck with the ACL procedure. I have been traveling and not following PF closely -- you weren't the person that recently posted their Xray in another thread?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Mr. Bolke is my dad. Just FYI, there will be no SWAT rolls or explosions in our classes, so once you are up and at least walking confidently, you should be good to go. We look forward to having you.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Just FYI, there will be no SWAT rolls or explosions in our classes...
    But, but… say it ain't so! How can you be uber-tacticool without all that dynamic stuff????

Yeti, got it. Too much militarization to not be polite.

GJM, the x-Ray wasn't mine.

I get enough ninja rolls on my off time. Besides the rolling instructor zero reload isn't something I see in my future.

Re: P30, I found a V2 that I'll be able to pick up this weekend so that is a plus. Downside is ill likely only have the weekend to shoot it b/c I get cut on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeti, got it. Too much militarization to not be polite.

GJM, the x-Ray wasn't mine.

I get enough ninja rolls on my off time. Besides the rolling instructor zero reload isn't something I see in my future.

Re: P30, I found a V2 that I'll be able to pick up this weekend so that is a plus. Downside is ill likely only have the weekend to shoot it b/c I get cut on Monday.

Yeti is Steve Fisher.....who makes me look small. DB always works for me.

I found that the V2 is actually a good way to get used to the LEM and to dry practice with, and then simply swap the firing pin block and hammer spring for the light ones and you get a TLG LEM, which is my favorite for a daily carry gun. Use the recovery time for dry practice and hopefully well see you after the summer.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

DB, (third time's the charm)
    Thanks for the insight and I appreciate the advice.

This I yet another platform change for me after me P-01 crapped out on me during Givens' class two weeks ago.

The only thing I remember Mr Givens saying to me directly the entire weekend was after my 5th or 6th failure to feed was "that's about the fifth time I've seen you have a problem with that gun, you might want to think about going with something different"

Tom has this uncanny ability to be standing right behind you when you goon something up- or your gun pukes.

He is one of the most observant instructors I've ever worked with or under. And he won't have any gratuitous comments; if he sees something that needs fixing, he'll tell you (and show you if necessary). If you're doing fine, he will acknowledge that too. Otherwise, you won't even know he's back there.

Oh… and once he gets to know you, and thinks you can handle it, he will hammer your ass mercilessly (within hearing of all on the line) when you do something really dumb… or noteworthy.

Don't ask me how I know that…

As a shameless plug...We are hosting Tom for his Advanced Instructor Class on October 3-5 in Dallas. Should be a stellar class and our facility is well set up for it.

https://www.regonline.com/Register/C...ventID=1464009

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    There isn't any known issues regarding the P30.
    Welp, time to lock/sticky this thread.
    If not me, then who?

User Tag List