Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is It Wrong To Lust?

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Don't forget the buffing wheel for refinishing.
    And the hardware store screwdriver to give the screw heads character…

BLASPHEMY!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    And the hardware store screwdriver to give the screw heads character…

Dude, only wimps use hardware store screwdrivers. Real men use Leatherman tools.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    http://www.mobguns.com/home.html#/2
    These folks have some serious drool inducing items in their portfolio...
    The top breaks in their portfolio really speak to me. I know nobody makes them anymore, but I'd jump all over a nice top break in .44 special.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Dude, only wimps use hardware store screwdrivers. Real men use Leatherman tools.
    Silly me…

Back in the late 90`s when Colt was making the DS again. I bought 1 and took it home.
    I was pissed that I missed the crooked barrel at the shop ! So I had to send it to colt for a fix.( Very common with the DS)

Colt fixed it and the service was excellent.

I took it out to my back yard and started to shoot. The revolver wasn't as near as accurate as my M640 or M649 at 7Y. Couldn't do the 5rd ragged hole group. But was good enough to get the job done.
    Really the only thing THIS DS had over my S&W M640/M649 is that it held 1 extra cartridge.

Since I didn't care for the accuracy and would have to pay a gunsmith to put a shroud over the hammer . I got rid of it and stuck with the M649/640.

Maybe it was a lemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The cylinder turns the wrong way.

LOL
    I notice that when I bought my first Colt revolver. Or is it my S&W are turning the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Maybe it was a lemon?
    Colt seemed to have a lot of problems with all their guns during the 90s. I kind of wanted to pick up a stainless DS but like the 3" have never seem one in person.

LOL
    I notice that when I bought my first Colt revolver. Or is it my S&W are turning the wrong way?
    Samuel Colt and God seemed to think clockwise was the right way to spin things, but what do they know.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    As soon as I find the right person to do it, I have a New Service in the safe waiting to become a Fitz Special.

I'm not a big fan of the Fitz style guns, but I've seen some very cool New Service and large frame Smiths that were turned into compact-ish carry guns. I save pics of such things when I see them.

Back in the late 90`s when Colt was making the DS again. I bought 1 and took it home.
    I was pissed that I missed the crooked barrel at the shop ! So I had to send it to colt for a fix.( Very common with the DS)
    By "crooked" do you mean off at an odd angle to the frame centerline (like bent), or not clocked top dead center with the frame?

I had a Trooper that wouldn't adjust the sights far enough to sight in. The barrel was obviously not indexed center. I took it to the local old timer gunsmith, he indexed it dead center. I started with the rear sight centered to sight it in. I was shooting at about 100 yards at odds and ends to rough sight it for windage. It was hitting right exactly on, and shot very well when I got it on paper at closer distances. Indexing the barrel isn't usually that hard to do with the right tools, (and sometimes with the wrong tools). Sad they were not getting them centered at the factory. Smith had that problem in the 80's also. I looked at about 6 or 8 629's at a shop before I chose one that was perfectly indexed.
    Last edited by Malamute; 04-28-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    How does it shoot, accuracy wise*?

* Had to add that or some smart kitten would 'splain to me the loading process...
    Just a skosh to the left at 7 yards. That may be more a matter of my technique than the gun itself.

Well within "minute-of-thug"....

User Tag List