Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safariland GLS

Safariland GLS

Picked one up at Rogers. Only available for Glock now, so I just put it aside. Tried it this morning -- wow, it is by far the fastest holster with retention I have used. Makes an ALS seem pokey by comparison. No opinion on whether it has enough security for uniformed LE use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If it unlocks by gripping the pistol then no, not even close.

As a guy who carried a Rogers SSIII (Safariland 070) most of my L/E career, I am looking forward to these.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I wonder if they will combine it with an SLS for an SSIII-like set-up? Or some kind of ALS/GLS hybrid-combo? Not sure if that's feasible but it seems like it would be a super quick Level 3 configuration. I started out with an SSIII and really got to like it as well, my middle finger is always looking for that tab on my current 6360. Safariland stuff is so cool, their catalogs can entertain me for hours!

I picked up one recently. Not as secure as the ALS, but it is easier to secure. I ran it some for the first time on a Hackathorn class today, and it's pretty quick.

Bill Rogers says there are plans for a combined ALS/GLS holster. As a 070 alumni, I like the idea of that.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Where does the GLS lock into the gun at ? Obviously not the ejection port, or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Where does the GLS lock into the gun at ? Obviously not the ejection port, or does it?
    It locks into the trigger guard. About 1:03 on video.

Best feedback on retention properties are usually found on a DT mat. Most folks will fully encircle the grip in a gun-grab. It looks pretty vulnerable from the rear. I also want to see how it works with a tiny-handed IBO and a duty grade double stack.

The integration of the GLS into some existing designs would help out folks that have retention level requirements driven by device-quantity.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post

It's not very confidence inspiring that he fumbles the draw @ 20s. If you're doing a video demo, make it perfect.

User Tag List