Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a cheap pistol sight install tool that works

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I have one as well. It works great on a number of guns. As mentioned, it does not work well on angles slides like the HK P30 or Walther PPQ. I hadn't considered shaping hard nylon blocks for those slides, that's genius Jody. It definitely does not work on the front sight of an M&P because of the slide's taper. It would be challenging to shape a pair of blocks for that.
    Did you try it with the "XDM blocks" that are slanted/angled? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's why I'm buying some hard nylon and/or aluminum blocks, so I can make my own spacers and clamping surfaces.
    It's no replacement for a brand specific MGW, but then again it's also $100+ cheaper and somewhat universal.
    I got one of these last summer and it worked great for my Glock, but when it came to doing my front sight on my Sig I had to make some modified blocks on a CNC mill at work. I made aluminum and nylon sets, but it required way too much torque to get the front sight out of the Sig and the nylon wasn't strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    Did you try it with the "XDM blocks" that are slanted/angled? Thanks!
    In typical manner my bro picked one up after I was done installing my P30 sights. The XDM blocks seem to hold the P30 well. I didn't move my sights or anything, but it felt snug in there.

A little rough around the edges but seems to work ok. I'd have gone with a finer thread on the actual pusher itself, but other than that looks serviceable.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    In typical manner my bro picked one up after I was done installing my P30 sights. The XDM blocks seem to hold the P30 well. I didn't move my sights or anything, but it felt snug in there.
    Thanks for the followup. I appreciate it. I'll have to order one of these. I have something similar that I eventually broke. This looks a lot tougher and I like the different shapes for the buffers.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Thanks for the heads up and review! I'm sure a lot of us will appreciate an affordable multi-platform pusher!

User Tag List