Thread: Trijicon HD's for the Walther PPS are shipping

Trijicon HD's for the Walther PPS are shipping

Received a set of Trijicon HD's for my Walther PPS today.
    Yay! Finally have my favorite sights on my favorite lo-pro carry pistol.
    I think I prefer the Meprolight rear sight press fit "zipper" roll pin installation to the Trijicon slip fit with a set screw (especially since they forgot to send the set screw with my sights) but with a little Lock-tite and the set screw out of an old Shield rear sight I'm pretty sure it'll stay put OK.
    Now I just need to hit the range and see what the sight alignment and zero looks like.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Yay! I have been anxiously awaiting these. Thanks for letting us know Jody.

Checked zero yesterday.
    "Drive the dot" out to 10-15 yards kept me inside 2" circles.
    "Top center of the front sight blade" at 25-30 yards put all rounds on a 4"x6" card.
    "Drive the dot" rang the 10" gong at 50 yards.

The sights are significantly taller than the melted factory sights, but they still fit in my Darkstar AIWB with no problem. Holster that have little or no sight channel might be an issue.

Both the front and rear sights stayed put, but then again I was generous with the red Loctite when I installed them (I use the stuff XS send with their sights, it's freakin awesome).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List