Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The monster next door!

The monster next door!

Large numbers of veterans with PTSD live near military bases! Interactive map!

Guys, I'm seeing red.

Of course, don't forget about the white veterans, the most dangerous of them all!
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Large numbers of veterans with PTSD live near military bases! Interactive map!

Guys, I'm seeing red.

Of course, don't forget about the white veterans, the most dangerous of them all!

As an SM myself, this only fills me with an indescribable sorrow.

Nothing good ever comes from demonizing a nation's troops.

That NYT article freaking blew my mind. Just blew it. Dumbfounded.

It's the most glaring example of the gulf between the vets and the communities they come from and the academy and media elites I've seen in a long time.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    That NYT article freaking blew my mind. Just blew it. Dumbfounded.

It's the most glaring example of the gulf between the vets and the communities they come from and the academy and media elites I've seen in a long time.
    I don't think the community that the vets come from is really the issue.

The issue is the same as it is everywhere else in our society: the self-professed elites of our society who insist that they are the most compassionate, free thinking, intelligent, and generally good of all the sneeches are really a bunch of bigots who hold a thinly veiled contempt for anybody who isn't them.

The vets come from "those people". So do police officers. Thus they are the subject of ridicule and derision just like the rest of us.
    3/15/2016

The report singled out one factor that has fueled every surge in Ku Klux Klan membership in American history, from the 1860s to the present: war. The return of veterans from combat appears to correlate more closely with Klan membership than any other historical factor. “Military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists carrying out violent attacks,” the report warned. The agency was “concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.”
    Kitten these motherkittening clowns right in their kittening pie holes!

I guess they didn't bother looking into who has actually committed the majority of the Vietnam & post-Vietnam era violent political acts (hint-Bill Ayers et al). Right wing, pshhh.

This chickenkitten murderer in KC was a left wing democrat sympathizer but we'll just ignore that and pretend he's a right winger. Seeing crap like this as the mis-reporting of events happens makes me question everything I've ever been taught about events that affected the nation and world (not that I needed a more jaundiced outlook).

I believe there is a subset of the left that wants the halcyon days of courageous civil rights protesters taking on eeevil white supremacists to come back (never mind that the Klan is basically dead and has been for decades). Add some bacon bits of gun control, white guilt, and social media monitoring and we've got ourselves a delicious meal of disarming veterans and other citizens. A cause Janet Reno's protege Holder can firmly embrace!

I don't think this is a sinister cabal but rather vicious group think being expressed at the same time. It's more than a little surreal to think of the author of the NY Times article as working full time on writing a book on "Vietnam veterans and the radical right."
    #RESIST

I don't think this is a sinister cabal but rather vicious group think being expressed at the same time. It's more than a little surreal to think of the author of the NY Times article as working full time on writing a book on "Vietnam veterans and the radical right."
    Agreed. I don't envision board room meetings where they plan the next storyline. It's far more simply that they innately agree right wing is bad and do everything they can to denigrate those things they fear and don't understand (guns, veterans, Gob Bless America types, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    As an SM myself, this only fills me with an indescribable sorrow.

Nothing good ever comes from demonizing a nation's troops.
    Perhaps the solution is to reexamine the concept of national service.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I just find it humorous that these same people asked us to smoke those people and when we get back they are dumbfounded most of us didn't come back the same and try to alienate us. I personally hate that combat stress and solders heart is described as PTSD... A soccer mom who has a car accident can be diagnosed with PTSD. It's very different to play Russian roulette with IEDS and ambushes every day you leave the wire for 7months straight..

Sorry for the rant, makes me see red also.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I personally hate that combat stress and solders heart is described as PTSD... A soccer mom who has a car accident can be diagnosed with PTSD. It's very different to play Russian roulette with IEDS and ambushes every day you leave the wire for 7months straight..
    You'll love this. http://californiaschildren.typepad.c...-soldiers.html
    #RESIST

User Tag List