Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo on your fighting rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    More interested in taking a finished basement family room and turning it into a walk in party palace of guns, bullets, reloading benches, flat screen TV's, Wifi, Bluetooth, couches, comfy chairs, and guns where I can see them, appreciate them, and likely even shoot from inside said gun party palace vault.

That's just me.
    It ain't just you. That's my long-term goal as well, though my wife seems to think it'll mean I'll disappear into my man-cave and never emerge.

I've given some mild thought to painting some of my rifles, but haven't yet taken the plunge. So far, I'm just running what Nyeti calls "West Virginia Camo", i.e. mis-matched solid color furniture pieces. One gun has an FDE grip, OD stock, RG VFG, and a plethora of colors of rail panels. Other guns have similar treatments. It at least breaks up the pattern somewhat, if not as well as a true camo job.

More interested in taking a finished basement family room and turning it into a walk in party palace of guns, bullets, reloading benches, flat screen TV's, Wifi, Bluetooth, couches, comfy chairs, and guns where I can see them, appreciate them, and likely even shoot from inside said gun party palace vault.

That's just me.
    Absolutely. It is hard to appreciate what you have unless you have your own personal "grey" room.

When I move one day, it is a must have in a house!

Well, I took the plunge.

Before:

After:

That'll work.........

Camo on your fighting rifles

That'll work.........
    Thanks Sean. Pretty happy with my first rattle can job. Wasn't interested in it being too "pretty". Just wanted the lines broken up, and some versatile coloring with a random pattern. If it gets banged up training or in courses, so be it. Grab a can of camo paint and touch it up.
    Last edited by BoppaBear; 07-13-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Looks good! I have done two rifles since starting this thread, pretty addicting.

Thanks man! Was a little nervous at first, but it's really difficult to screw up as far as the painting is concerned.

I just finished discussing the camo pattern for the wife's practice/training rifle. Looking forward to it as I am getting a little better each time I fire up the compressor and Duracoat. Hopefully will turn out the way she wants it. Won't do much for actual camo, but......it is what she wants. Happy wife, happy life.

Good deal. Post a pic when you're done. I did a couple more mags last night to match the one that was in the gun when I painted, and to practice a little more. In order to keep a mag in the rifle when it's in the case, I have to use 20 rounders. So I've got the 30 rounder that was in the gun, and 2 20's, with my 75gr SD ammo.

I may do a few more of my "go" mags for fun.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'll be in my bunk.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List