Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo on your fighting rifles

Aervoe works well for me. If you follow the Lightfighter directions it goes well. Light misting coats. Camo net or paper with irregular holes held over rifle work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Suppose the enemy is sneaking up behind you? Your front sight could give away your position. :|
    Lol i already painted my front sight orange, I am to invested now! In all seriousness the painted front sight with a rifle dynamics rear sight is night and day

Is aervoe available at any chain stores or is ordering online the best bet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Usually able to find it in tactical toy-stores if you live near a military base that supports ground combat element troops, or schools related to that. For example, I live near Quantico, and Quantico Tactical carries it at the Q-Town store.

Otherwise....

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...s-prod126.aspx

Maybe it's my monitor, but those color-tiles don't provide a good representation of the colors available. Sand is an actual light tan, not as grey as shown, and is first-choice as a basecoat, though the "Earth Yellow" is probably also good if it's the dirty, Gulden's Spicy Mustard-y color I remember it being.

Mine's Sand, originally stiped with Earth Brown (also not shown well, it's a no-kidding flat chocolate brown) through a sniper-veil, then other spots with a fishnet stocking (larger openings than the veil; told the cashier: "I sure hope I get the seam straight when I put these on..."), then misted over all with MC Green.

bt91, when your registration goes through, don't forget to post an intro in the Intro thread before posting anywhere else. You've been briefed....

don't forget to post an intro in the Intro thread before posting anywhere else.
    Ditto. Don't, don't kitten that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Ditto. Don't, don't kitten that up.

Uh-oh,....

I missed the briefing on that.

Ehhh, the dogs'll bark at you for posting without having followed the instructions you'd have received in the registration confirmation email....up until you post an intro. You can ignore it all the way up until you decide to stop lurking, is all.

It's the internet, they can't affect your arrest record or credit rating.

Yes but it's awkward on the lie detector when they ask if you've accessed a computer system in violation of policy and you have to say yes...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

So many people seem to have variants of desert camo/FDE/tan based patterns, but I live in conifer country. If I ever decide to do this I'd almost certainly be better off with something closer to CADPAT TW colors (Canadian temperate woodland).

Mine are mainly green/brown splattered. South Kackalacky has a dearth of deserts, which is fine by me.

User Tag List