Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo on your fighting rifles

Camo on your fighting rifles

I'm slowly working up to painting my ak, was curious to see what other peoples rifles look like before I take the "plunge".

Just out of curiosity, why are you painting yours?

I painted my work gun for a couple of deployments, so I understand the desire to paint your stuff.

The only time the rifle gets used is for hiking or going shooting with a buddy so I just don't see why not. I wasn't allowed to while in the marines so I guess the why if got the better of me

I'd like to hear tips and tricks, too. My can of brake cleaner is empty, or I'd have started today. For me, the "why" is that it's a fun project. Nothing meaningful...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc you have to be a member

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Doc you have to be a member
    It's worth joining up just for that info. Just be sure to follow the instructions in your activation email and you're good to go. I painted a rifle using directions there and learned quite a bit from the discussion, which meanders from prep to the actual painting to the effective use of camouflage. The painted rifle thread has numerous examples for inspiration.

If you want me to go through the process I used on mine, let me know.

I'm pending acceptance and should be good to go

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I'm pending acceptance and should be good to go
    Good deal, be ready to read, Those threads are loooooonnnnng

Thanks, if you want to share your process, I wouldn't mind learning another way.

User Tag List