Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo on your fighting rifles

I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt ever painting something with spray paint:

Hey Default you should ask for help in the help desk forum - your picture has nothing in it but an empty deck. (Nice work. )
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Looks awesome man!

I finally got up the courage to camo my carbine. I used Krylon starting with a gray base coat, then sand, OD, and then brown. I used pine branches to do a very random pattern. I'm fairly satisfied with the results and it blends great with my local foliage. I'm looking for some critique and if I should try to redo it. Some areas show a bit of a pine needle pattern and others just blend, kinda ATACS appearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks great man. Just run it and if you eventually get bored of it, remove it or just paint over it. That is the best part of krylon

A bit of a necro, but FYI, Aervoe is discontinuing some colors, apparently. I believe the colors in question are khaki, urban tan, light tan, and highland, all from the Military Digital Pattern Camo Paint line (you can see on their website that they've taken most of the colors out of that line). They do have it available direct from order from Aervoe at closeout prices; minimum orders is 5 cases (each case has 6 cans), but each case is less than 5 USD. My total order cost of 5 cases of paint was 51.89 USD, that's with the ~28 USD shipping. I called in, and was transferred over to a Michelle in marketing to make my purchase.

I'll note that they also have black on the close-out sale list, although since black is also listed on their Military Vehicle & Recreation Camouflage Paint line, so they might just be trying to get rid of the overlap in the Digital Pattern line.

If we're going to necro...

BT91, lets see your painted ak! Also, how about a pic of the RD rear sight? I saw one once or twice, but it's been a while. Can't find them for sale on their site. Just an opened notch, slightly rounded on the corners, right?

Found this online before I ordered.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Doublestack45; 02-19-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Added text
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    If we're going to necro...

BT91, lets see your painted ak! Also, how about a pic of the RD rear sight? I saw one once or twice, but it's been a while. Can't find them for sale on their site. Just an opened notch, slightly rounded on the corners, right?
    I would if I still had it. I loved the RD rear sight. Easily usable, opened up notch and rounded on the corners. Used it a lot with just that and then went with an ultimak and H1 before going back to the ar15. I put a lot of rounds through that gun but a friend offered me more the I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I think it turned out pretty well for a first attempt ever painting something with spray paint:
    I've never wanted a painted rifle. I would pay you to make mine look like that! If I knew I could get it to look like that id do it in a heart beat!
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List