Thread: FedEx man saves Officer.

FedEx man saves Officer.

Mike Elgas is credited with saving one of Las Vegas Metro's police officers. I've searched for video but can't come up with anything. Link to rest of story.

Mike Elgas was at Jack in the Box for a quick breakfast the day he helped save a police officer’s life.

Elgas, 48, watched with concern as a belligerent customer refused to quiet down, prompting the restaurant manager to call 911. An officer arrived and, according to all accounts, politely asked the customer to go outside. The customer, who appeared intoxicated, walked outside. The officer said he was free to go. But the customer instead got in the officer’s face, “giving him a lot of lip,” Elgas said, and spouting vulgarities at him.

A Metro Police report described the March 21 incident as follows: Elgas went outside just as the customer punched the officer in the face, triggering a scuffle. The officer, who is 5-foot-7 and 160 pounds, was knocked to the ground, overpowered by the 6-4, 240-pound assailant.

Elgas saw the man, later identified by Metro Police as Curtis Leigh Traupman, lying on top of the officer and getting his hands on the officer’s holstered weapon...

Right on.

Great work by Mr Elgas.

"Thou shalt not touch the officer's weapon, lest thou assume room temperature."

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Right on.
    Yeah, it made me smile. I think Sheriff Gillespie, and the mayor, should publicly recognize the man's efforts. It would go a long way to help mending the rift between the citizens of Las Vegas and Metro. Typically, we only get the cop shoot poor, innocent Johnny stories which doesn't do anything but foment animosity.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Yeah, it made me smile. I think Sheriff Gillespie, and the mayor, should publicly recognize the man's efforts. It would go a long way to help mending the rift between the citizens of Las Vegas and Metro. Typically, we only get the cop shoot poor, innocent Johnny stories which doesn't do anything but foment animosity.
    Looks like you guys out there have a charge of "battery on a protected person".

Is that another way of saying "battery on a police officer" like we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Looks like you guys out there have a charge of "battery on a protected person".

Is that another way of saying "battery on a police officer" like we have here?
    I assume so, I'd never really heard of it before. My own personal opinion is that battery is battery, no matter the job title.

User Tag List