Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland holster recommendations

Site Supporter

Safariland holster recommendations

Like a lot of you surely did, I received a 50% of card when I renewed my IDPA membership last month.

I'm set for CCW and IDPA gear and thought I might use this discount to pickup a holster for my G17 w/ Surefire X300.

I'm interested in something belt mounted (no molle or thigh rigs), OWB, able to accommodate the weapon light. While this will be no duty rig, some mild retention maybe good for woods carry, training classes, and other active environments.

I've carried Safariland years ago and liked it, but it was issued, and quite frankly all the model numbers, combinations, etc make my head spin a little.

Any suggestions to fit my bill would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Whatever model the ALS paddle holster is (6378?).
    http://holsterfinder.safariland.com/.../Details/10120

I use one for my H&K P2000 in 3gun matches and it rocks.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Second JodyH

For general use, I find the 6378 to be the best holster you can get for the money. Not sure if they make one for a pistol and light though.

The one I posted a link to is for a Glock 17/ Surefire X300.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Thanks guys! Do they make a 6378 in a belt slide? Never been a fan of paddles. I find them uncomfortable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Thanks guys! Do they make a 6378 in a belt slide? Never been a fan of paddles. I find them uncomfortable.
    Comes with both the rubber loops and a paddle.

Site Supporter
    Sounds about perfect.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Sounds about perfect.
    As a general all around holster, they pretty much are perfect. The ALS system is about the fastest and safest retention device I have ever worked with, the holsters are well built and do a great job protecting the gun, they are comfortable to wear, and best of all quite affordable. Only downsides (other than no being available for all the guns I want them for) I feel are that the ALS locking tab can wear down and need replacement with a lot of use and they are on the large side for concealment, but for the mission you are describing, it will be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Comes with both the rubber loops and a paddle.
    The 6379 version comes with a Safariland version of the tek-lok attachment. All three types can be used on the same holster body, not to mention their QLS system. Loops, paddle, and 745BL belt clip can all be purchased separately as well.

http://holsters.com/concealment/holsters/index.asp

http://www.holsters.com/concealment/...ries/index.asp

Here's a pic showing the clip:
    http://safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=569

Latest, and I believe "greatest" is the new 7000 series. It works with or without the light mounted. I got one at Rogers last week. Contact: holsterops.com, and I am sure they will fix you up. It is universal, in that it will work on a QLS, paddle or belt set-up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List